About a month ago I purchased a new Lennox A/C system for my home. It works well overall and is a big improvement from my old system. There is one interesting quality about the new outside condenser, though. When it runs, a puddle of water accumulates around the bottom of the condenser on the concrete pad. I believe one of the freon lines is "sweating" and the water drips off that. I realize an air conditioner is supposed to have a water drip, and this one does drip water out the same tube that my old one did. I've just never seen one accumulate water around the condenser. I've had the installer back out here twice to look at it, and both times he couldn't find anything wrong with the system. In fact, he told my wife "this particular model just does that." I'm really torn on what to do (if anything) because it works very well. However, all the other A/C systems I've seen always just drip the water out the normal dischage tube, not around the condenser as well. I'd appreciate any thoughts or insight. Thanks.

It's normal and wetter on humid days. The suction line is uninsulated inside the outdoor unit all the way to the compressor and if it's a heat pump the accumulator will be soaking wet all summer.

Thanks Rick. I live in Arkansas and as you can imagine, it gets obscenely humid here. I did wonder how/if the humidity factor would work into it. Have a great week.

look at the compressor and see if the whole thing is swetting. If it is your unit is over charged or you heve bad air flow. Dont get confused the compressor is the one making the nois,