Please guide need help badly.

Hi all,

My 20 year old AC is dying on me during this crazy hot summer. And recently i spent a lot of money on remodeling the house. Hence we are on the edge. The condenser outside is working on a compressor booster, i think its a lennoxx brand, and the unit inside is trane, my AC guy told me that the AC does not cool enough cos the condensor and the air handler/coil inside are of different brands, hence the ac is not cooling enough.

In two years we spent around $$$ dollars getting various Air conditioning contractors to come and make it work.

I think its a never ending story, and its better we get the unit changed.
    It would be great if i can spend $$$ dollars and get a brand new unit.
    We plan to live in this house for another 4 years or so, before we sell it to get a bigger house. But as of now for the next 4 years, we need some trouble free solution.

Please guide if this suffices our requirements??

Drect purchase links aren't permitted. (check the link)

Does this include everything we want?? Previously the 1.5 ton ac was working fine.
    Last edited by jpsmith1cm; 07-22-2012 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Removed pricing and direct purchase link

My apologies. Let me put the model no, info.

1.5 Ton Trane 14 SEER R-410A Air Conditioner Split System
    Electric Heating & Cooling System - 4TTM3 (XB300)

Description.

1.5 Ton Trane 14 SEER R-410A Air Conditioner Split System (Model No. 4TTM3018A1000 & GAF2A0A18S11SA)

Product Features:
    Condensing Unit Model No. 4TTM3018A1000
    Air Handling Unit Model No. GAF2A0A18S11SA
    14 SEER Efficiency
    Single Phase, 208/230 Volt
    Does Both AC and Heat
    Air Handler Designed for Vertical and Horizontal Applications
    Condenser Pre-Charged with R-410A Refrigerant
    10 Year Warranty on Parts
    10 Year Warranty on Compressor
    Outdoor Condenser Dimensions: H29" x D23 1/2" x W25 1/2"
    Indoor Air Handler Dimensions: H39 1/2" x W17 1/2" x D21 4/5"
    This is Not a Heat Pump System

Is this good enough?

Quote Originally Posted by MANswers View Post
    Hi all,

My 20 year old AC is dying on me during this crazy hot summer. And recently i spent a lot of money on remodeling the house. Hence we are on the edge. The condenser outside is working on a compressor booster, i think its a lennoxx brand, and the unit inside is trane, my AC guy told me that the AC does not cool enough cos the condensor and the air handler/coil inside are of different brands, hence the ac is not cooling enough.

This is suspect to me. My unit cools just fine and the indoor and outdoor equipment are of different brands.

In two years we spent around $$$ dollars getting various Air conditioning contractors to come and make it work.

I think its a never ending story, and its better we get the unit changed.
    It would be great if i can spend $$$ dollars and get a brand new unit.
    We plan to live in this house for another 4 years or so, before we sell it to get a bigger house. But as of now for the next 4 years, we need some trouble free solution.

Please guide if this suffices our requirements??

Drect purchase links aren't permitted. (check the link)

Does this include everything we want?? Previously the 1.5 ton ac was working fine.
    Now, to your new unit purchase..

I didn't look at the unit, but I have some questions for you to think about.

Does this unit have a warranty? Who will do the warranty service?

Who do you plan on having install and start up the unit?

my AC guy told me that the AC does not cool enough cos the condensor and the air handler/coil inside are of different brands,

your a/c guys isn't hitting on much, keep searching; surely there is someone in your area that can figure it out
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Years ago (many years now), folks would put brand X on Brand B, and replace with Brand C... and so on. Since around 2006... this is no longer a good idea.

Usually the time factor of going with a new system and just 'do it right' is 5+ years... however if it is not cooling you may be more or less stuck with a new system.

If it were me, I would interview 4 or 5 HVAC guys, ask them the SAME questions and make a decision. Here is the key: ALL equipment will work... it is the INSTALLATION which is important (you would not take your Mercedes or Lexus to Mohammid's corner gas station for a new engine would you?).

Find the person who you believe will do a GOOD job on installation. Ask your friends and family who they use, talk to as many folks as you need to find the right person for you.

Then tell us what you find.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14