Gas furnace - changing r22 system to r410a -questions

Trying to understand more about replacing one or both of my units from R22 to R410a. I have a gas(NG) furnace on each level. Do those need to be changed out, are they part of some whole system? different air handler?

-Details-
    Two story, 3.5ton 10Seer Aire-flo split system for each level and gas(NG) furnaces. One unit (2nd floor) is leaking R22. I had not had it checked/serviced for 2 years (my fault), so when they checked it when it wasnt blowing cold they had to add 2.5lbs. Maybe a slow leak, like 1lb a year, not sure yet, they added dye and will be back to check it.

I am researching what I have and my options so I am prepared this time. One company said they would replace the whole thing (handler, coils, furnace) but it would be an electric furnace instead of gas.

Surprise/Phoenix AZ area, HOT.
    Would prefer gas as I bet it would be cheaper to run vs APS electric.

Thoughts, info on the gas furnace replacement? Google has helped some, but not enough.

Thanks!

bump.

The gas furnaces are the Air handlers as they do have the blower fan inside them. You have two case coils to replace. As long as the heat exchangers are not cracked you can just replace the indoor coil and the outdoor condensing unit. The heat exchanger is what makes your heat for you and is separate from the refrigeration section of the system. Sometimes they age and can crack and the carbon monoxide exhaust gas of the furnace can be expelled through the supply vents. That is why it is important to have them checked. Get them checked professionally of course to determine the best course of action. All though the old ten SEER furnace may not move enough air for the new 13 SEER refrigeration equipment. Just make sure the contractor checks all this.
    "I just think things should work properly"
    Freon is a brand name-word

So if I understand this correctly, the gas furnaces housing has the heating coil and blower, which when the heat is not going that same blower blows for my cooling coil in the attic.
    They are at least 6 years old (house was built in 2006ish)
    Thanks for the response

yes sir you are correct. If they are only six years old then they are more than likely OK . Good luck. New coil and condenser with a lineset purge and you will be living in the great world of r410a efficiency.
    "I just think things should work properly"
    Freon is a brand name-word