Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by shaygetz View Post
    If another one of my brethren and sisteren in Christ tells me that a vote for someone other than Romney is a vote for Obama, I do believe my head shall start spinning and I shall start profane utterings whilst barfing up pea soup.

2 Chronicles 7:14 does not read thus...

If my people, which are called by Republicans, shall organize themselves, and rally with Glen, and seek Romney's face, and make them other godless maggots turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive them other godless maggots sin, and will heal their check books and credit cards.

It reads thus...

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Until the Church in America figures out the problem is us and not them, we are nothing but a flyswatter in a locust swarm.
    Funny I hope you all can sing "Dixie" because you are just kissing away any chance of saving our country from the commies. Yeah "Look away, look away Dixie Land". Sadly Dixieland is no more and America will be no more if you all stay at home or vote for a sure loser. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Are either one on enough ballots to numerically have a chance? My one criteria outside of personal conviction is that they have a numerical possibility of winning, meaning that they must be on enough state ballots to win...
    I guess from your logic, I can in theory "numerically" win lotto every day for the rest of my life. The only less likely thing than that to happen is someone other than obama or Romney being elected in november.

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Funny I hope you all can sing "Dixie" because you are just kissing away any chance of saving our country from the commies. Yeah "Look away, look away Dixie Land". Sadly Dixieland is no more and America will be no more if you all stay at home or vote for a sure loser. Thank you, thank you very much
    Like Jeremiah of old, I'm fully prepared to be carried off to Babylon as the price for my sin and the sin of my people...God's mercies will follow. But as for standing on a hill with the priests of Baal, frantically calling on a stone idol that cannot hear or act? Ummmmm...no.
    (The wise men of modern thought) adore a god made of putty or of wax - plastic, effeminate, molluscous, with no masculine faculty about him, and no quality that entitles him to the respect of just and honest men, for a being who cannot be angry at wrongdoing is destitute of one of the essential virtues, and a moral Ruler who is not angry with the wicked, and who refuses to punish crime, is not divine. ---Spurgeon

Quote Originally Posted by newoldtech View Post
    I guess from your logic, I can in theory "numerically" win lotto every day for the rest of my life. The only less likely thing than that to happen is someone other than obama or Romney being elected in november.
    It's conviction...not logic..I'm no Vulcan. I'm only accountable to God for why I voted for who I vote for, not for the election's outcome...
    (The wise men of modern thought) adore a god made of putty or of wax - plastic, effeminate, molluscous, with no masculine faculty about him, and no quality that entitles him to the respect of just and honest men, for a being who cannot be angry at wrongdoing is destitute of one of the essential virtues, and a moral Ruler who is not angry with the wicked, and who refuses to punish crime, is not divine. ---Spurgeon

It's conviction...not logic..I'm no Vulcan. I'm only accountable to God for why I voted for who I vote for, not for the election's outcome...
    Hey shay allow me to adjust your blindfold if the alien commie gets elected with the help of you and lots of other like minded high principled folks out there. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

If another one of my brethren and sisteren in Christ tells me that a vote for someone other than Romney is a vote for Obama, I do believe my head shall start spinning and I shall start profane utterings whilst barfing up pea soup.

2 Chronicles 7:14 does not read thus...

If my people, which are called by Republicans, shall organize themselves, and rally with Glen, and seek Romney's face, and make them other godless maggots turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive them other godless maggots sin, and will heal their check books and credit cards.

It reads thus...

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Until the Church in America figures out the problem is us and not them, we are nothing but a flyswatter in a locust swarm.
    You are precisely correct. That is what I have been telling people. THE ISSUE, is our relationship to the Father thru Christ the Son.
    It is not jobs.
    Nor is it morality,as defined by the world.
    It is exactly what the scripture you quote says.

The king's heart is in the hand of the Lord, as the rivers of water: he turneth it whithersoever he will..

I long ago accepted the idea that our current president will win a second term.

The last I checked, the rod and staff of comfort in Psalm 23 did not have padding added to them---and for our sakes---never will.

Maybe if the god of the "Anyone but Obama" crowd wasn't such a bed wetting, nail biter sitting on his throne, nervously wondering if the Tea Party was going to line up with his agenda, things might be different for our country's future. For now, count me among those high principled folks that we could probably use a few more of today.

Quote Originally Posted by Space Racer View Post
    Abraham Lincoln was the candidate of the brand new Republican Party when he became president.
    But were there two main line parties and was this brand new Republican party a third party, competing with the two mainline parties? Lets be SURE we are talking apples to apples here.

Believe me, I would LOVE to see someone with both common sense as well as an understanding of the founding documents go in there and turn that mess called DC upside down... I actually lived in N VA for 3 years, I KNOW what goes on up there. However:

I am NOT willing to even partially risk the possibility of 4 more years of Obama unless someone can absolutely PROVE to me there is NO chance of anyone other than their 3rd party candidate being elected. Otherwise, I will take the safest approach... which for now is the Mutt.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Yes, there were two main parties, but neither of them was as entrenched as the current parties. The entrenchment of today's two main parties has occurred because they have built in many small safeguards over the years, just like unions and other organizations who would rather make things difficult for smaller competitors than debate them in an open forum or compete with them in an open market.

But they have little protection against parties who are as large as they are, or who have as much grass roots support as they do. For example, look at Scott Walker in Wisconsin. Most counties in Wisconsin have democrat majorities, but the Democratic Party fared poorly against the grass roots voters in the recall election.

The Republican Party's main opposition was the Democratic Party. But the Democratic Party had only been around for about 30 years.

Now that the US is over 200 years old, these two parties have had some time to dig in. But they aren't as dug in as they would have us believe. In other words, a big part of the reason we think there is little chance for a successful third party is because that's what the other two parties want us to believe. And the longer they get away with it, the more they talk, think, act like each other. It's a club, and its members have grown complacent.

For more on political parties, see:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politic..._United_States
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/US_political_parties
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History...ited_States%29
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History...ited_States%29
    Vacuum Technology:
    CRUD = Contamination Resulting in Undesirable Deposits.
    CRAPP = Contamination Resulting in Additional Partial Pressure.

Change your vacuum pump oil now.

Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123