Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Likes

Got offered a job at the school district

Well... An interview at least, but I am pretty sure I'm solid... I might actually have landed the unicorn job I've always heard about.... But now I'm torn because I finally found a spot I really like... I'm number 2 to the owner... I learn a ton everyday....but you don't pass on the school district... Dunno what I should do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    i had a friend who made mega bucks working for his school district then after 23 years of faithful service he was let go just before Christmas with 2 days notice.
    so think it over before you jump ship at the present job.
    Last edited by pctech; 07-08-2016 at 04:27 AM.

Post Likes
    Don't believe there is anything like job security anymore.

Post Likes
    you got that right Marc.
    not even if you're you're own boss
    sad isn't it?

Post Likes
    I worked at the school district long ago when I first started. It got to the point that I couldn't even get out of bed in the morning, so I gave my two weeks notice and the older guys were telling me I was crazy, that this was a lifer job. I just told them that if this was life I didn't want any part of it, it was sucking the life out of me.

6. Likes Bald Menace liked this post
    Post Likes
    Pros and Cons.
    If you can't fix it with JB Weld, Duct Tape, and Ty Wire it has to be replaced.
    No good deed goes unpunished.
    If you want to take off friday to go fishing then make sure you train your helper right.

Post Likes
    Why do you say that?

Sounds like it would be mind numbingly boring.

It's bad enough for me when I have to go back to the same building to do a PM every three or four months.

Quote Originally Posted by brownbz View Post
    Well... An interview at least, but I am pretty sure I'm solid... I might actually have landed the unicorn job I've always heard about.... But now I'm torn because I finally found a spot I really like... I'm number 2 to the owner... I learn a ton everyday....but you don't pass on the school district... Dunno what I should do

9. Likes coolwhip, Bald Menace, Jigjoe liked this post
    Post Likes
    I would not like working at one location for 20-30 years...I would loose my mind.
    Now the freaks are on television, the freaks are in the movies. And its no longer the sideshow, its the whole show. The colorful circus and the clowns and the elephants, for all intents and purposes, are gone, and were dealing only with the freaks. - Jonathan Winters

Post Likes
    The problem is, the job is not setup for success, it is setup for failure. To many calls, not enough money, too many rules, not enough tools, etc etc.

Post Likes
    If you work hard and are self motivated you will probably be the only one. It will be a good place if you need to start slowing down.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    Why do you say that?

Sounds like it would be mind numbingly boring.

It's bad enough for me when I have to go back to the same building to do a PM every three or four months.
    I say that, because I got 2 cousins in the same Union...(teamsters) but they are in the DOT. But they both swear by it... The SMART union I'm in has been less than helpful to me. The school ACs that are out here are all messed up, and wouldn't be at one school, but all over the district.. They are spending 550 million in AC repairs this year alone

14. Dislikes WNY_HP disliked this post
    Post Likes
    Depends on the District.
    I'm still trying for the County gig and nice job/setup.
    Your 'rolling around the whole county,the largest populated in State, and no 'sitting in 1 spot' crap.
    I know the guy's and most really like it,2 man crew's,4-10's and either Mon or Fri OFF,Vested in 5 yrs,Insurance.
    Problem was loosing several schools which created their own district and hiring stopped but after the dust settles,will resume.
    No matter how long you have been doing this,
    Go back and reread the Basic's.You WILL Learn something.
    Why is it called,an Act of GOD when IT has Nothing to do with Him?
    Will of the Devil would be more appropriate IMO.Just Saying.
    PSALMS, 18 & 25.

Post Likes
    http://m.lasvegassun.com/news/2016/m...-of-most-urge/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast