Post Likes

Florida storm related HVAC

Anyone getting any storm-related HVAC jobs from the Florida storm? If so what are some of the problems the storm may have caused?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by doug1111 View Post
    Anyone getting any storm-related HVAC jobs from the Florida storm? If so what are some of the problems the storm may have caused?
    Probably water damage, blunt force trauma and power outages I would think.

My sister lives in Flagler Beach (20 miles north of Daytona on A1A). A large section of A1A is completely gone, the pier is half gone, roofs ripped off houses etc. they got hit pretty hard.

Post Likes
    I am down at the very bottom of miami. We had very little rain and medium to light winds. That thing completely missed us! kind of like our quarterback Tannerhill. misses everything.

4. Likes doug1111 liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyac1 View Post
    I am down at the very bottom of miami. We had very little rain and medium to light winds. That thing completely missed us! kind of like our quarterback Tannerhill. misses everything.
    About the same here and Polk County my friend. Sorry we missed out I was looking forward to maybe some new roof shingles or new van if tree fell on it LOL I don't like to hear about people getting hurt and being unsafe but like to profit from the damage

Post Likes
    About the same here and Polk County my friend. Sorry we missed out I was looking forward to maybe some new roof shingles or new van if tree fell on it LOL I don't like to hear about people getting hurt and being unsafe but like to profit from the damage
    There's no profit on insurance claims except for the insurance companies profits. They just raise your premium to make up for it 100 fold.

7. Likes HeatenCoolair liked this post
    Post Likes
    Anyone in Melbourn?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrammel View Post
    There's no profit on insurance claims except for the insurance companies profits. They just raise your premium to make up for it 100 fold.
    Not all the time. Roof shingles job and DIY. Friend wrecked his truck and got twice the money it was worth but with the wrecked truck there was a lot of injuries involved may have made the $$$$ difference of him getting paid off on his truck so quickly? Hurricane Andrew in Miami friend got replacement cost for a new house took the money and moved out of Miami. Hurricane Charley in Polk County Florida took out a lot of electric Transformers we are still paying for that. Hurricane Donna Miami 1960 dad paint and body shop with Wrecker Service. Made a lot of profit from that storm. Some homeowners may get replacement cost on a new AC condenser if tree fell on it or?

Post Likes
    Probably water damage, blunt force trauma and power outages I would think.

My sister lives in Flagler Beach (20 miles north of Daytona on A1A). A large section of A1A is completely gone, the pier is half gone, roofs ripped off houses etc. they got hit pretty hard.
    Looks like your part of S.C. will miss the major nastiness. But it's knockin'.

Post Likes
    Not all the time. Roof shingles job and DIY. Friend wrecked his truck and got twice the money it was worth but with the wrecked truck there was a lot of injuries involved may have made the $$$$ difference of him getting paid off on his truck so quickly? Hurricane Andrew in Miami friend got replacement cost for a new house took the money and moved out of Miami. Hurricane Charley in Polk County Florida took out a lot of electric Transformers we are still paying for that. Hurricane Donna Miami 1960 dad paint and body shop with Wrecker Service. Made a lot of profit from that storm. Some homeowners may get replacement cost on a new AC condenser if tree fell on it or?
    I've been through a few major ones. Usually tree damage will net replacement. The agents were great for Katrina, but things changed after that. And a lot of insurers started refusing coverage in those areas.

We lost our house and bought in a different area, but close by. Our HOI is over 4k a year.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    Looks like your part of S.C. will miss the major nastiness. But it's knockin'.
    We usually stay pretty protected from everything right here at the base of the mountains.

The canes usually weaken pretty significantly before hitting our coast line. Looks like charleston is gonna get it this time though.

Post Likes
    We usually stay pretty protected from everything right here at the base of the mountains.

The canes usually weaken pretty significantly before hitting our coast line. Looks like charleston is gonna get it this time though.
    Good deal on the miss. Hope the best for the rest. Life changes when one of those pass through.