Post Likes

13 SEER units flood Craigslist in the South

Looking at Craigslist items being sold in the past month, it looks like 13 SEER units have flooded Craigslist since the start of this month in southern states, even though as of July 1 the minimum SEER required by the DOE for the southern US is 14. I have found an entire 13 SEER system for sale here in the Phoenix area on Craigslist as well as in Atlanta, as well as a 13 SEER condenser for sale in Dallas. I have flagged all three of them as prohibited items.

So much for the DOE's enforcement plan.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
    even though as of July 1 the minimum SEER required by the DOE for the southern US is 14.
    And all along I thought the minimum seer for the southern states changed to 14 seer back on 1-1-2015. We're did I ever get that from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". -Vernon Law-

"Skilled Labor Isn't Cheap, Cheap Labor Isn't Skilled" - Unknown

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    And all along I thought the minimum seer for the southern states changed to 14 seer back on 1-1-2015. We're did I ever get that from.

There was the grace period that ran through June 30 of this year that allowed contractors to sell off their remaining stock of 13 SEER units manufactured prior to 2015. The one from Phoenix on Craigslist violates both the DOE's grace period rule as well as the manufacture date rule.

Post Likes

“Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". -Vernon Law-

5. Likes Bald Menace liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
    There was the grace period that ran through June 30 of this year that allowed contractors to sell off their remaining stock of 13 SEER units manufactured prior to 2015. The one from Phoenix on Craigslist violates both the DOE's grace period rule as well as the manufacture date rule.
    If I'm readin it right, according to what Mr Bill posted the equipment can be sold as long as old inventory exists
    you will attract more flies with honey than with vinegar, but you can attract the most with a dead cat

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Bald Menace View Post
    If I'm readin it right, according to what Mr Bill posted the equipment can be sold as long as old inventory exists
    As long as the mfg date is before 1-1-2015 so if you have thousands of 13 seer with mfg date before 1-1-2015 you can sell them.

8. Likes Bald Menace liked this post