Post Likes

19xrv PIC2 Controls "SERVC" Override

I'm working on a 19XRV that will not start up in either local or ccn mode. Menu-Status-Mainstat , the chiller start/stop shows the stop command in effect. It also has "SERVC" flashing to the right stating its been overridden. I've tried releasing it but it shows "higher command in effect". Now back up a couple of weeks. I was having an issue with automation through the upc open module that was sending two different setpoint (control point) to the chiller. This was causing the chiller to load and unload excessively. Carrier met the automation company to check points and determine the problem. I was tied up and not able to witness this yesterday. Paper work shows that the issue was obviously with automation and the the company resolved the matter. I received a call today that the chiller wouldn't start. The "SERVC" higher priority is what im seeing now. The invoice from carrier shows that the tech "updated the driver in both UPC translators and they (the automation company I assume) verified the communication from the Alerton the the chillers." My question is this, is it possible that the upgrade of the drivers could have caused this? Not pointing fingers at all, just trying to find a solution. I've tried powering down, unplugging the upc from the ICVC and repower. It still shows the higher command for Start/Stop. The control point and active demand limit flash "control" as they should in the ccn mode. Any help is great, thanks

Post Likes
    Carrier left it in supervisor mode when they were tied into the unit. Problem solved

Post Likes
    Welcome Fish101!

Thanks for the update.

For future reference, I suggest asking chillers in one of the chiller forums. I think some of the chiller guys here don't venture out to many other forums.

I'm just wondering, are you an Abe Vigoda fan? Played the character "Fish" on the "Barney Miller Show" back in 70's.