Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    the thermostat is one that has the humidity control and is programmable

TCONTT800 Series Touch Screen Programmable Comfort Control by Trane

so thats what they thought first maybe because i had it all programmed it was mulfunctioning so yesterday he set it to HOLD 75 period to see if issue still happens and sure enough again unit shut off or well first it ran and ran and temperature was rising and then at some point it completly shut off for a few hours

Quote Originally Posted by jamierenae
    he said he checked all these number and they were ok yesterday but doesnt have them on him??? he said he has lost sleep over this trying to figure out why the unit is shutting off for these few hours during the day! he has no answer he said since all the numbers are good and when the unit is running it is running good i have to agree BUT they cant figure out why it shuts off every day between 3 pm - 5 pm time range on VERY hot days
    "ok" is meaningless.

I hate to say it, be he also may not actually be checking all of that stuff

wow i just asked him if he can give me the numbers from yesterday he said he doesnt have them and plus we dont give out these numbers why do you need them he said. he got very offensive with me. WOW is all i can say

he said who is aking are you talking to another AC person if so they need to come out and get the numbers themselves i am not doing their job for them

the problem is if i even have another AC company come out i lose their LABOR warranty they gave me for 2 yrs.! is then VOIDED as soon as someone else works on the unit they told me so I am stuck with them pretty much. But my question is does TRANE never replace brandnew units if they cause THAT many issues for MONTHS????

at what point will this stop? if they cant seem to get a grip on it? I am furious

he said who is aking are you talking to another AC person if so they need to come out and get the numbers themselves i am not doing their job for them
    It is HIS job to repair your hvac unit.

Without measuring and recording those numbers, he is not doing his job.

All you are asking for is a copy of work that he should already be doing.

i am going to request a copy of all the invoices that they never gave me copies of and a log report on monday as soon as their office opens!

My opinion.

He never measured them. He can't figure it out because he doesn't know or doesn't care how to do the job properly.

well he just left and did NOT provide me with the numbers he told me he has 3 more emergency calls i have to go now and I am sure I will hear from you again tomorrow
    UNBELIEVABLE

the problem is if i even have another AC company come out i lose their LABOR warranty they gave me for 2 yrs.! is then VOIDED as soon as someone else works on the unit they told me so I am stuck with them pretty much. But my question is does TRANE never replace brandnew units if they cause THAT many issues for MONTHS????
    Trane probably bears no responsibility in this.

An hvac unit isn't like a car. It is built on site and much of the operation and long term durability of the equipment has more to do with the way that it was installed than the way it was built.

Does that make sense to you?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast