just bought house, coulpe questions (geo and ducting)

hello

I just bought a house near st louis MO. it was biult in 1987.

the house uses geo-thermal for heat/cooling (about 2800 sqft)

i was told there are 3x 320ft wells for the ground source

I know its uses 2 pumps in a push/pull configuration.

My concern is the loops are running hot and i wanted to make sure this is okay

yes it has been nearly 100 ever day some time 104-107.

I used my IR thermometer and the supply from the loop is at about 83-85 and the return is about 94-96. (its only 11AM right now)

now i have felt the return before and it has been hot, not instant burn hot but i could not hold my hand on it for more then 5-10 seconds.

is this an issue?

the second issue is there is one room that was added on later and it does not have vents into it. i would like to add vents, i looked in the attic and it would be about 20-25 foot run. can this be added to the system? currently it uses a window AC and plug in heaters for heat.

thanks for your time in advance

Normal loop temps for high heat load conditions.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

First off infrared thermometers are not accurate for refrigerant work also although 85 degree water is a little warm but a lot better than if you had air cooled condensers .i beleive you have been way above design temperature this summer,if the house is cool at 105 degrees sounds good to me .your only option would be to add a well@ $$$$

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Normal loop temps for high heat load conditions.
    thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by catmanacman View Post
    First off infrared thermometers are not accurate for refrigerant work also although 85 degree water is a little warm but a lot better than if you had air cooled condensers .i beleive you have been way above design temperature this summer,if the house is cool at 105 degrees sounds good to me .your only option would be to add a well@ $$$$
    house stays cool, the AC does kick on every few minutes though

I wish i could dump some of this into my pool

If your pool water is less than your return loop then

why not put some slinky loops into the bottom of the pool before it goes out to the well? Might not look great but I don't see any safety issues if the loops were weighted down and couldn't "catch a diver.

Might also be a good conversation starter when you have the neighbors or relatives over
    You have got to learn from other people's mistakes! Because God knows you don't live long enough to make them all yourself !!!!!!!!