Hybrid View

New guy from Washington

I just finished school in January and am working on the in-house maintenance for Restaurant owner of 16 McDonald's here in Southeastern Washington taking care of all the restaurant equipment in the restaurants.

Welcome aboard.

Careful you don't eat to much of that crap

Quote Originally Posted by caheiman30 View Post
    I just finished school in January and am working on the in-house maintenance for Restaurant owner of 16 McDonald's here in Southeastern Washington taking care of all the restaurant equipment in the restaurants.

I feel your pain Sir, it's rough taking care of and organising an operation like that. Do you have anyone working with you on it, or like me juggling it all yourself?

Thank you
    Bryan

There are 5 in-house technicians for our company that have a total of 16 stores.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's pretty good, I have 15 Subways, and am the only tech. But, I'm fairly compensated, and they are great to work for, if I need anything, just get it.

I love it, I've had a owner of Domino's Pizza ask me if I could be there in-house guy, but I'd have to get my own business license and contractor's license but don't have the money to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would you need a business license for that position? I'm sure it's probably different in different parts of the country, but you may check into it and see. If you're on their payroll, I don't think it's contract work(I may be wrong). The only issue you might run into is a new building, where you're responsible for installing new equipment.
    I'm hoping to learn some about these subjects here, and be able to do the best job possible.

With the way Washington State is, they are money greedy and what there cut of everything period. And his business license is setup for only being a restaurant not being able to have people fix his equipment in-house, plus Labor and Industries (L&I) whats there cut of everything. L&I would have a fit if they found out.

Quote Originally Posted by texasgentleman2 View Post
    Would you need a business license for that position? I'm sure it's probably different in different parts of the country, but you may check into it and see. If you're on their payroll, I don't think it's contract work(I may be wrong). The only issue you might run into is a new building, where you're responsible for installing new equipment.
    I'm hoping to learn some about these subjects here, and be able to do the best job possible.