Tracer Summit VAV Calibration

I have a quick question about the VAV recalibration process. I have a building that doesn't have this function set up. What kind of problems could I experience without the calibration process? Also to set this up can I just use the global referencers or do I actually have to go into each vav and reference the air valve mode (normal or recalibrate) to the VAV calibrate binary output?

Thanks!
    J. King

What Software revision are you running. Are you saying that That your BCU is not capable of VAV recalibration on its own?

As far as I am aware there are two types of calibration or set ups.
    The first and most common is the manual recalibration of the VAV air valve or actuator. It sounds like you know how use the configuration set up tool.
    You will need to set up as a reference to a binary function. wait a short while after wards an be sure that the reference has the three DOTS to indicate is automatic command.

The second is a automatic VAV calibration which is done on a schedule the very same way you would set up a start and stop function. The only difference is that you have to add a Normal event and scroll down in your list of objects and find RECALIBRATION. Set up a time schedule such as MON, WED, FRI. set time in the early AM so as not to caused erratic control during the day. ALSO, this needs to be set up as a Binary reference. If needed I can give you exact info based on your set up.

Keep in mind that there is a difference in air valve type such as Varitrane 5 minute stoke time and 90 second actuators.
    Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by apprentice3 View Post
    I have a quick question about the VAV recalibration process. I have a building that doesn't have this function set up. What kind of problems could I experience without the calibration process? Also to set this up can I just use the global referencers or do I actually have to go into each vav and reference the air valve mode (normal or recalibrate) to the VAV calibrate binary output?

Thanks!
    You may want to check if your CPL- custom program language is set up for VAV calibration. If it is a large site you may want to check how it was written.

Just to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by alcomech View Post
    What Software revision are you running. Are you saying that That your BCU is not capable of VAV recalibration on its own?

As far as I am aware there are two types of calibration or set ups.
    The first and most common is the manual recalibration of the VAV air valve or actuator. It sounds like you know how use the configuration set up tool.
    You will need to set up as a reference to a binary function. wait a short while after wards an be sure that the reference has the three DOTS to indicate is automatic command.

The second is a automatic VAV calibration which is done on a schedule the very same way you would set up a start and stop function. The only difference is that you have to add a Normal event and scroll down in your list of objects and find RECALIBRATION. Set up a time schedule such as MON, WED, FRI. set time in the early AM so as not to caused erratic control during the day. ALSO, this needs to be set up as a Binary reference. If needed I can give you exact info based on your set up.

Keep in mind that there is a difference in air valve type such as Varitrane 5 minute stoke time and 90 second actuators.
    Hope this helps.

So does that mean I have to reference the VAV Calibrate Binary Output on every VAV on the Air Valve Control/Recalibrate menu? Or can I just set up the VAV calibrate Binary Output, and reference the calibrate point on all of the VAVs as a global referencer?
    J. King

Use global referencer