contractors who do hvac jobs in weekly incriments

any ideas on how i can find companies who do hvac jobs in weekly increments? for instance one day install the furnace and another week come by and install the a/c unit. there is no way i am going to mess around with financing in this economy. if not i am gonna get my hookups to moonlighters. no companies so far are willing to do it the way i want.

Why?
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

"Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted

jpsmith1cm is offline Global Moderator/AOP Committee
    Can't you just set a few bucks aside each week until you have the cash to pay for it?

I understand not wanting to finance.

Why don't you tell them you want a furnace with an A Coil, for future AC? I never turned down a job like this, and if some one wants a furnace, I recommend a coil.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBoilerObsession View Post
    any ideas on how i can find companies who do hvac jobs in weekly increments? for instance one day install the furnace and another week come by and install the a/c unit. there is no way i am going to mess around with financing in this economy. if not i am gonna get my hookups to moonlighters. no companies so far are willing to do it the way i want.
    Yes, you are the customer! Somethings to think about it will cost you more to do it this way. If you have the Furance in a closet inside the house and the furnace is changed this week, then someone comes back to install the coil the Furance might need to be pulled again to get access to change it. Double the work. Also you would not want the a/c changed out with the inside coil as it would be using a different type of refrigerant so the coil and the a/c should be changed at the same time and again if Furance is changed last then it would Need to be pulled again. More money for the same result.

Where is your Furance located attic, HVAC closet or mech room? If in the attic this might be more cost effective but still will cost you more then havinit done all at one time. I agree with Beenthere save the money up as you don't want to fin. The project and have it all done at once! You need to have a company or two come out do a load cal. On your home so new equipment will be sized properly and give you options. Then just save up the money to have it all
    Done at once...

Some manufactures are offering 3 year no interest finacing

Seems you could find a company to break a job into phases. We do work all the time where the need to do phase work is dictated by job progress. Sometimes we do the duct work rough, then go back and put in equipment, then go back and do the finish. But it's important to understand, from a contractors point of view, how some things are better if done in unison. For example, it doesn't make any economic sense to put in a furnace, then go back in a week and install the A/C coil, then go back in a week and install the refrigerant lines and finally a week later go back and install the condenser. Why? Because when the furnace is being replaced, the AC coil would be mounted on top of the furnace and the supply plenum on top of the AC coil. So that dictates doing the furnace first with the AC coil included, then subsequently return and put in the refrigerant lines and condenser.

Maybe if you just ask a company to stretch out the work, with a reasonable down payment, a second payment when work begins and the balance within 2-weeks of work completion, the self-financing will work out and the installing company can install on their timetable. Naturally you'd have to regulate the saving of money for the job but if you're able to contribute $'X' per week, it should be a simple matter to know where you are with a down payment, start of work payment and final payment. Just a thought.
    If YOU want change, YOU have to first change.

If you are waiting for the 'other guy' to change first, just remember, you're the 'other guy's' other guy. To continue to expect real change when you keep acting the same way as always, is folly. Won't happen. Real change will only happen when a majority of the people change the way they vote!

He doesn't have a gas furnace though.
    He has a boiler.
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

"Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted