Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    It's funny, or not really but I never realized how much standard procedures seems to be such a difficult thing. In most cases it will cost less to do it right the first time. Or all cases.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    He said new installs. Maybe he meant swap out.
    Be careful Beenthere, that guy sounds like he knows everything. Is it just me or is that irritating?

He said new installs. Maybe he meant swap out.
    I just thought of that though, seriously. If you do a changeout in a huge building, lineset can't be changed or measured, wouldn't it be something if you could feed and 'internal tape measure' through the suction line? You could get the weigh in exact.

Quote Originally Posted by ironpit View Post
    Be careful Beenthere, that guy sounds like he knows everything. Is it just me or is that irritating?
    Who me? I sound like what? How can someone pick up on who a person is by looking at words?

Quote Originally Posted by truck12 View Post
    I just thought of that though, seriously. If you do a changeout in a huge building, lineset can't be changed or measured, wouldn't it be something if you could feed and 'internal tape measure' through the suction line? You could get the weigh in exact.
    Probably could on some using a mouse and vacuum.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Probably could on some using a mouse and vacuum.
    That is exactly what I was thinking! We're amazing! Well, actually,I was thinking dart and vacuum.

Quote Originally Posted by truck12 View Post
    Who me? I sound like what? How can someone pick up on who a person is by looking at words?
    It's easy. I hang around ARP too much !

thanks for all the response. I was thinking after reading the comments. could they just charge by superheat since the valve is wide open under these conditions? Or is wide open too open for that?
    Has anyone ever tried to charge a txv by superheat? if so how well did it work?

I was told that with a TXV system you can not check the charge correctly when the indoor load is over 80 F. the temp has to come down to the lower seventies to be able to check the charge, I too have run across units that were grossly overcharged.
    On new installs the best way is to add by weight for the extra length of line set over the 5 feet, then you know that you will be real close.
    RSES Member.
    Mainstream Engineering Certified.
    HVAC/R PM Technician.
    410A, & GREEN HVAC/R Technician.
    NATE Core.
    Working not as to please men but to the Glory of Christ my KING.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinner67901 View Post
    thanks for all the response. I was thinking after reading the comments. could they just charge by superheat since the valve is wide open under these conditions? Or is wide open too open for that?
    Has anyone ever tried to charge a txv by superheat? if so how well did it work?
    On TXV systems you have to charge by SC, the txv will maintain the SH at a certain temp either in an undercharged or overcharged situtation.
    RSES Member.
    Mainstream Engineering Certified.
    HVAC/R PM Technician.
    410A, & GREEN HVAC/R Technician.
    NATE Core.
    Working not as to please men but to the Glory of Christ my KING.

They are probably just charging till the low side gauge says 40-45 degree's, that's how I've seen it done. I'm pretty sure that if you ask them to explain what saturation temperature means, they will scratch their heads .....

No different then an over charged one from carrier.
    although I don't install alot of carrier, I don't think I've had one come in overcharged.

With goodman, you never know what you'll get.
    It used to be, I'd see 100% overcharged from the factory, and I'd figure on 40' precharge.

Now, I'm seeing some that come in with about 15', some that come shipped with 40'. Maybe I'm getting a mix of new/old stock.

But you know what I mean about charging it.
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

"Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted

If your getting a lot over charged from factory. Recover first, then weigh back in.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast