Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151619 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    If anyone had been in that theater with a kevlar vest [other than the shooter] he/she would look like a smart cat today. Of course printer would have them charged with some felony fashion violation, but at least they would live to stand his charges against them.

Keep in mind that the shooter's vest never actually came into play as nobody shot at him. So, why all the fuss about his wearing a vest?
    "No matter how thirsty your imagination, mirages contain no water"

Quote Originally Posted by chaard View Post
    I hope you two aren't lumping me in with that crowd. I'm all for the 2nd Amendment.
    If you've read any of my posts you would know that.
    I don't fear anyone that carries a side arm. In fact I feel safer. I'm only pointing out that it is unusual for someone to be purchasing so much gear and ammunition, that somewhere along the line a red flag should have went up.
    It is not all the unusual for someone to own that much gear and ammo. I will venture to guess that I personally own more than he did and I have friends who own as much or more than I do. No we are not part of some armed organization. I am a collector of firearms and shooting is a serious hobby with my entire family.

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    They seem to have a death wish... for everyone else that is... Take away my right to protect myself; simply because they cannot wrap their little minds around being male and masculine. (Note I am not fussing at any person... rather the liberal mindset).

Freedom means I let you live as you choose, and you let me live as I choose.
    ga, These people really frighten me. I am serious ga, they scare the he11 out of me. It is like sheep, or minnows, or something like that, bait.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    The Second Amendment is not about owning guns for hunting and it never was about hunting. The Second Amendment is about the people being able to resist and defend themselves against a government gone bad!

Therefore, I am in favor of the common citizen owning at least the same weapons available as the police or a typical armed marine.

The idea of making it illegal to own a vest is totally absurd since it is a defensive piece of clothing.
    Nobody said anything about making kevlar vests illegal.
    Defending one's self is always a circumstancial thing. Without an armed good guy in the theatre the shooter had no opposition to his dirty deed. One or two armed good guys in the audience at least gives the audience somewhat of a chance. An armed and trained good guy could given the right circumstances have moved closer to the shooter and gotten off an aimed shot to take the shooter down.

Remember, you are the first responder when something goes down. It is up to you to decide depending on the circumstances if you can hide, play dead, run or move forward and attack given the right circumstances, your mindset, position, ability and available weapon.

More gun control is not the answer. Declawing the cat does not protect it from the pit bull!

Hugh B
    I agree either everything else. Carry on. :wink:

Sure, the next time I see someone wearing a helmet i am going to be afraid... You need to take your meds and go back to sleep. LOL!!
    Come on Toolslinger, now you're just being an arse. You know there's a difference.
    Discipline your child so that other parents don't have to.

We're awl pawthetic and kweepy and can't get giwrls. That's why we fight wobots.

It is not all the unusual for someone to own that much gear and ammo. I will venture to guess that I personally own more than he did and I have friends who own as much or more than I do. No we are not part of some armed organization. I am a collector of firearms and shooting is a serious hobby with my entire family.
    And i don't have a problem with anyone owning that much. But have you ever bought a full body armor, gas cannisters, semi automatic rifle, 2 glocks, a shotgun and over 6000 rounds of ammo in one month in an area that has seen 2 mass shootings in the past few years?

We're awl pawthetic and kweepy and can't get giwrls. That's why we fight wobots.

I hope you two aren't lumping me in with that crowd. I'm all for the 2nd Amendment.
    If you've read any of my posts you would know that.
    I don't fear anyone that carries a side arm. In fact I feel safer. I'm only pointing out that it is unusual for someone to be purchasing so much gear and ammunition, that somewhere along the line a red flag should have went up.
    I apologize if I misunderstood you.

But it is just not practical to expect the feds or state to monitor legal purchases of ammo and such.

[i am going to make a joke here] Unless it is a weapon that the obama administration is tracking under the 'fast and furious' program.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

And i don't have a problem with anyone owning that much. But have you ever bought a full body armor, semi automatic rifle, 2 flocks, a shotgun and over 6000 rounds of ammo in one month in an area that has seen 2 mass shootings in the past few years?
    No, it took me over 20-years to acquire my stash and I often sell a few firearms at the same time I purchase new ones. The fun is in experiencing the wide variety of fine firearms available.

I will admit purchasing all of what you stated is a little out of the ordinary but that in itself is not enough to flag the buyer as a potential killer. You should have seen the lines at the gun shops in Southern California at the time of the Rodney King riots. And you should have seen the upset citizens when they learned they had a (at that time) five day waiting period to get their gun. So, waiting periods actually prevent honest citizens from obtaining what they need for self defense!

Given the right circumstances I would want to be able to purchase my own personal body armour.

I apologize if I misunderstood you.

But it is just not practical to expect the feds or state to monitor legal purchases of ammo and such.

[i am going to make a joke here] Unless it is a weapon that the obama administration is tracking under the 'fast and furious' program.
    Sorry, I said you were being an arse.

No, it took me over 20-years to acquire my stash and I often sell a few firearms at the same time I purchase new ones. The fun is in experiencing the wide variety of fine firearms available.

I will admit purchasing all of what you stated is a little out of the ordinary but that in itself is not enough to flag the buyer as a potential killer. You should have seen the lines at the gun shops in Southern California at the time of the Rodney King riots. And you should have seen the upset citizens when they learned they had a (at that time) five day waiting period to get their gun. So, waiting periods actually prevent honest citizens from obtaining what they need for self defense!

Given the right circumstances I would want to be able to purchase my own personal body armour.
    Well not all of us are that fortunate to be packing.

I agree either everything else. Carry on. :wink:

Come on Toolslinger, now you're just being an arse. You know there's a difference.
    Come on Toolslinger, now you're just being an arse.

Okay, you got me pegged. But I am just sayin' there is no practical method of regulation that could stop this sort of insanity. The dude had one speeding ticket. I guess you are either going to have to outlaw guns, or accept this sort of thing will happen from time to time.

Disturbing thought.

Sorry, I said you were being an arse.

You were correct on that point. But I think you are a little off-base on some of your other points.

Seat belts are a defensive measure. Helmets are a defensive measure.

Full body armor is not! Unless you are the Police/SWAT team going into a standoff.

And don't give me any BS about wearing kevlar into bad neighborhoods. No one is going to go into a bad neighborhood wearing riot gear. You would definitely get your arse kicked.

Not saying body armor should be banned. I'm only saying that with the amount of purchase he made in a short time, the FBI and ATF should have been notified or picked up on this. What ever happened to the Patriot Act.

So you have no problem with those agencies knowing when you or anyone wants to buy something to protect themselfs, so when the time comes, and it will, they can come and confiscate.

You need to read your own signature, for you dont seem to uinderstand the meaning of liberty.

Roy
    "The perfect Totalitarian State is one where the political bosses, and their army of managers, control a population of slaves, who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude"

Quote Originally Posted by royc View Post
    So you have no problem with those agencies knowing when you or anyone wants to buy something to protect themselfs, so when the time comes, and it will, they can come and confiscate.

You need to read your own signature, for you dont seem to uinderstand the meaning of liberty.

Roy
    Roy does seem to have an uncanny sense of the meaning of liberty. Worth listening to. We do not want an "all seeing and all knowing" government.

Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151619 ... LastLast