Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141518 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chaard View Post
    Seat belts are a defensive measure. Helmets are a defensive measure.

Full body armor is not! Unless you are the Police/SWAT team going into a standoff.

And don't give me any BS about wearing kevlar into bad neighborhoods. No one is going to go into a bad neighborhood wearing riot gear. You would definitely get your arse kicked.

Not saying body armor should be banned. I'm only saying that with the amount of purchase he made in a short time, the FBI and ATF should have been notified or picked up on this. What ever happened to the Patriot Act.

Full body armor is not!

You are factually incorrect.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post

Full body armor is not!

I thought you were going to be busy for a couple of hours. Can't concentrate on a game and post at the same time.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    I thought you were going to be busy for a couple of hours. Can't concentrate on a game and post at the same time.
    Defensive wear is just defensive. Technically no different than a crash helmet, safety glasses, ear plugs, or knee-pads.

Surely you anti-weapons people are not going to start advocating your anti-weapon armor already?????

Honestly, I am just stunned. Stunned.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    you can try and regulate anything and everything, no one is ever going to regulate behavior.

Even some of the Main stream media is beginning to realize that no amount of regulation and control was going to stop a mad man

On top of all the hype, I did hear the nutballs AR-15 with the drum Mag jammed (a common problem with drum mags) and he switched to one of the other weapons he had.

If we include all the explosives he had in his apartment, this nutcase was not going to be denied his reign of terror.

Im going to get flamed for this, but...

as far as all the keyboard hero's on the internet that say they would have drawn there personal carry weapon and ended this quickly......maybe if this happened in a semi-lit or lighted area you would have a small chance of engaging an active shooter, but in a DARK room, with smoke and tear gas (supposedly)
    with a hundred innocent people running for cover, your better off keeping your weapon holstered and running for cover yourself. You make a mistake and take out an innocent person.....your screwed and there goes your hero status.

Use some common sense. Dark room, smoke, and lots of potential collateral damage and an active shooter. Stay calm, stay down, be a good witness, run for the exit.
    This is what some of us have been trying to say... EVALUATE the situation before taking action. Being a hero is cool... being in jail for collateral damage is not cool. Remember; just one felony and you loose your CCW for life and possibly the right to legally own a firearm.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Defensive wear is just defensive. Technically no different than a crash helmet, safety glasses, ear plugs, or knee-pads.

Surely you anti-weapons people are not going to start advocating your anti-weapon armor already?????

They seem to have a death wish... for everyone else that is... Take away my right to protect myself; simply because they cannot wrap their little minds around being male and masculine. (Note I am not fussing at any person... rather the liberal mindset).

Freedom means I let you live as you choose, and you let me live as I choose.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

And what is the point of cops having guns if the bullets just bounce off like the man of steel? Just gave the reasoning for the law up here, as I said, the only civilians here that need to wear it (other than cops and security guards) are the ones that want to behave in a way that attracts bullets.

As far as being anti-weapon. I sure do have some pretty ones.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

The problem is: If the govt has total power... what is to keep them in line? Usurping power (lusting for ultimate and unchallenged power) is just human nature... any of us are susceptible to it... (Power corrupts, and ultimate power totally corrupts).

NO, the people need a way to keep fear and respect within the elected officials. Letting them make too many laws where they control force... is not keeping them in fear and respect of the citizens.

Besides... there never has been, nor will there ever be, a risk free life. Govts cannot make that happen... only wise folks who take responsibility for themselves.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Full body armor is not!

There is no good reason to walk around in public with full body armor. That type of dress puts most people on heightened alert. So what you may consider defensive, actually would cause others to be on the defense which means you are the offense.

Case in point, I dare you to walk into a movie theater this week wearing full body armor and then tell me is the outfit defensive or offensive.

Other than military, police, FBI, ATF or SWAT, what good reason would a private citizen have for walking around in full body armor?
    Discipline your child so that other parents don't have to.

We're awl pawthetic and kweepy and can't get giwrls. That's why we fight wobots.

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    The problem is: If the govt has total power... what is to keep them in line? Usurping power (lusting for ultimate and unchallenged power) is just human nature... any of us are susceptible to it... (Power corrupts, and ultimate power totally corrupts).

NO, the people need a way to keep fear and respect within the elected officials. Letting them make too many laws where they control force... is not keeping them in fear and respect of the citizens.

Besides... there never has been, nor will there ever be, a risk free life. Govts cannot make that happen... only wise folks who take responsibility for themselves.
    The Second Amendment is not about owning guns for hunting and it never was about hunting. The Second Amendment is about the people being able to resist and defend themselves against a government gone bad!

Therefore, I am in favor of the common citizen owning at least the same weapons available as the police or a typical armed marine.

The idea of making it illegal to own a vest is totally absurd since it is a defensive piece of clothing.

Defending one's self is always a circumstancial thing. Without an armed good guy in the theatre the shooter had no opposition to his dirty deed. One or two armed good guys in the audience at least gives the audience somewhat of a chance. An armed and trained good guy could given the right circumstances have moved closer to the shooter and gotten off an aimed shot to take the shooter down.

Remember, you are the first responder when something goes down. It is up to you to decide depending on the circumstances if you can hide, play dead, run or move forward and attack given the right circumstances, your mindset, position, ability and available weapon.

More gun control is not the answer. Declawing the cat does not protect it from the pit bull!

Hugh B
    "No matter how thirsty your imagination, mirages contain no water"

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    And what is the point of cops having guns if the bullets just bounce off like the man of steel? Just gave the reasoning for the law up here, as I said, the only civilians here that need to wear it (other than cops and security guards) are the ones that want to behave in a way that attracts bullets.

As far as being anti-weapon. I sure do have some pretty ones.
    Okay Printer. I am going to spell this out to you in simple terms.

For starters you seem to advocate gun control, prohibition. Except the police. And you seem to advocate prohibition of protective wear. Anybody can see that is a bad combination. Except loonies parading around in their underwear watching videos of the Tienanmen square massacre while waving a red flag with a star and sickle on it.

I am curious if you guys have red underwear, or are you multicultural in underwear color. It is nothing I care to see, and no I am not gay. I guess I was just wondering if communists have a fashion statement to make. They seem to favor red.

Quote Originally Posted by chaard View Post
    There is no good reason to walk around in public with full body armor. That type of dress puts most people on heightened alert. So what you may consider defensive, actually would cause others to be on the defense which means you are the offense.

Case in point, I dare you to walk into a movie theater this week wearing full body armor and then tell me is the outfit defensive or offensive.

Other than military, police, FBI, ATF or SWAT, what good reason would a private citizen have for walking around in full body armor?
    Sure, the next time I see someone wearing a helmet i am going to be afraid... You need to take your meds and go back to sleep. LOL!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    The Second Amendment is not about owning guns for hunting and it never was about hunting. The Second Amendment is about the people being able to resist and defend themselves against a government gone bad!

Therefore, I am in favor of the common citizen owning at least the same weapons available as the police or a typical armed marine.

The idea of making it illegal to own a vest is totally absurd since it is a defensive piece of clothing.

Defending one's self is always a circumstancial thing. Without an armed good guy in the theatre the shooter had no opposition to his dirty deed. One or two armed good guys in the audience at least gives the audience somewhat of a chance. An armed and trained good guy could given the right circumstances have moved closer to the shooter and gotten off an aimed shot to take the shooter down.

Remember, you are the first responder when something goes down. It is up to you to decide depending on the circumstances if you can hide, play dead, run or move forward and attack given the right circumstances, your mindset, position, ability and available weapon.

More gun control is not the answer. Declawing the cat does not protect it from the pit bull!

Hugh B
    If anyone had been in that theater with a kevlar vest [other than the shooter] he/she would look like a smart cat today. Of course printer would have them charged with some felony fashion violation, but at least they would live to stand his charges against them.

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    They seem to have a death wish... for everyone else that is... Take away my right to protect myself; simply because they cannot wrap their little minds around being male and masculine. (Note I am not fussing at any person... rather the liberal mindset).

Freedom means I let you live as you choose, and you let me live as I choose.
    I hope you two aren't lumping me in with that crowd. I'm all for the 2nd Amendment.
    If you've read any of my posts you would know that.
    I don't fear anyone that carries a side arm. In fact I feel safer. I'm only pointing out that it is unusual for someone to be purchasing so much gear and ammunition, that somewhere along the line a red flag should have went up.
    Discipline your child so that other parents don't have to.

We're awl pawthetic and kweepy and can't get giwrls. That's why we fight wobots.

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141518 ... LastLast