Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121316 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    My dear *******,

The truth of the matter is that we will never know how we will react in a situation like that in Colorado until we find ourselves in that situation.

I would say there were a few concealed weapons in that theater but I would say those that were carrying either were more concerned with getting out of there or they just didn't know what to do in a scenario like that dark and crowded theater especially given the confusion.
    The possibility of there being return fire from one or many can be a deterrent to these situations. This may make someone think about when/where they do this.

I know that I would be one to act with my weapon. This comes down to preparation mentally as well as physically. If you do not prepare for the use of your weapon then you should not own it, it WILL be more dangerous in your hands.

Even if you did not kill this person, a shot to them would make them realize that there is an immediate danger to his life, which I am sure he knew was not there.

Also, as has been stated, gun control is BS. Those here with PERMITS have done it legally and how many have they killed/shot for the heck of it?

Those that get them illegally have most likely done far more damage than those who legally carry.

My home and person is protected at all times with a weapon and I will not hesitate to use it for my protection or protection of others.

The other thing is the media. They give the bad guy the attention instead of the victim. They can get their 5 minutes of fame and this leads to their desire to do it. Just like car chases, stop broadcasting them and they will diminish.

The political correctness is to blame as well. No one is held responsible for their actions. This action should result in his death, he admitted to doing this.

Society has too many excuses to use because it is tolerated by society.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    body armor, yes absolutely. How many inner city jobs do you go on? I look at body armor not for protection from bullets, but from knife attack.

Now, to be honest I have pretty much given up on inner city calls. there are a lot of other companies that will be happy to go there, not me. BTDT, no thanx

To me a drum Mag is impracticable. For one thing they weigh a ton. But if you want to own one, that's fine with me. The number of bullets your carrying means nothing to me. the only difference is in the number of times your going to have to change Mags. But they sure do save time on the reloading (besides, anyone with a drum mag is usually doing the "spray and pray" thing. which is kind of expensive and a complete waste of ammo)
    I am not saying civilians should not be able to own drum magazines but you have to admit situations like this one and the north Hollywood bank robbery back in 97' could have been much different if they didn't have body armor head to toe and 100 round drums of armor piercing high velocity ammunition. Even if a civilian had a gun in those situations there's not much you can do when someone has that kind of firepower they are utilizing.
    Do the right thing..... even when no one is looking

Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    I do not want the feds tracking my ammunition purchases, or those of my neighbors.

If you have to submit ID for aspirin, that is insane.
    I ALWAYS pay cash for ammo at the gun shows... Yeah it costs a little more... but I like the 'no paper trail' approach.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Again...... Id say there was some iron in there besides the guns this creep had.... and those armed individuals probably ran just as hard and fast for the exit as everyone else did.....

And there is nothing wrong with that..... People were surprised....people were confused in the dark.....

Id probably run too...

You would probably hear nothing from someone like coolwhip but "Feets dont fails me now" as he bolted toward the nearest exist....... Six would probably grab up the fattest kid he could find as a human shield and head toward the exit only to be shot in the back..... ( When carrying a human shield you hold the person between you and the enemy....remember that six...)

GA.... I can only imagine GA hitting the floor and doing "the worm" toward the door.....

The worm.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2yIZ...eature=related

Glenn.... Glenn would probably be safely in the mens room sitting on the toilet cussing the fact that he is missing all the movies action because of that mexican food he had earlier.....
    May Allah Guide Us Towards The Right Path and move us towards a better understanding of Allah and Allahs Creation.

Again...... Id say there was some iron in there besides the guns this creep had.... and those armed individuals probably ran just as hard and fast for the exit as everyone else did.....

And there is nothing wrong with that..... People were surprised....people were confused in the dark.....

Id probably run too...

You would probably hear nothing from someone like coolwhip but "Feets dont fails me now" as he bolted toward the nearest exist....... Six would probably grab up the fattest kid he could find as a human shield and head toward the exit only to be shot in the back..... ( When carrying a human shield you hold the person between you and the enemy....remember that six...)

GA.... I can only imagine GA hitting the floor and doing "the worm" toward the door.....

Glenn.... Glenn would probably be safely in the mens room sitting on the toilet cussing the fact that he is missing all the movies action because of that mexican food he had earlier.....
    Perhaps... Or perhaps if after surveying the situation belly-crawling (that worm thing is too obvious) towards the shooter so I could take a 'rising' as in upward angle shot at him; thus reducing the possibility of splattering his worthless brains... or the .45 ACP... hitting someone after it went clean through his worthless skull.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Id probably run too...

I hope you feel better....

I'm just curious what makes you feel like you are entitled or qualified to appraise the character of others based on what you see here?

BTW, I just hit the report button.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us.

Two pressures, four temperatures = SUCCESS!

Boulder Heating Contractor

For Consumers:

For HVACR Professionals:

Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    Body armor is a defensive thing. Surely you cannot regulate that. Should protective helmets be illegal? I don't think you have thought that one through yet.
    Seat belts are a defensive measure. Helmets are a defensive measure.

Full body armor is not! Unless you are the Police/SWAT team going into a standoff.

And don't give me any BS about wearing kevlar into bad neighborhoods. No one is going to go into a bad neighborhood wearing riot gear. You would definitely get your arse kicked.

Not saying body armor should be banned. I'm only saying that with the amount of purchase he made in a short time, the FBI and ATF should have been notified or picked up on this. What ever happened to the Patriot Act.
    Discipline your child so that other parents don't have to.

We're awl pawthetic and kweepy and can't get giwrls. That's why we fight wobots.

Quote Originally Posted by chaard View Post

Full body armor is not! Unless you are the Police/SWAT team going into a standoff.

And don't give me any BS about wearing kevlar into bad neighborhoods. No one is going to go into a bad neighborhood wearing riot gear. You would definitely get your arse kicked.

Not saying body armor should be banned. I'm only saying that with the amount of purchase he made in a short time, the FBI and ATF should have been notified or picked up on this. What ever happened to the Patriot Act.
    The Patriot Act was not really Constitutional... the courts just approved it (kinda) because of public opinion. The rule of public opinion is as dangerous as the rule of a mob.

NO amount of legislation (or restriction) is gonna change the attitude of a person's heart (their thinking, feeling, and decision-making). The idea the govt can reduce risk by passing a gazillion laws... well so far the track record of that attitude shows it does not work... Actually it causes more problems than it solves. Folks who believe that BS... deserve what they get from believing that lie.

We as a nation have lost our moral fiber and focus... we need leadership that will instill this back into society... and it will not feel good to do so. Crime MUST be punished, folks must WORK for a living, and most of all; choices must have predictable consequences.

This 'feel good' without 'consequences' society is destructive to ALL... it needs to be discarded and replaced with a more traditional society of responsibility and consequences.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by chaard View Post

We dont have the resources to check out every tom dick and harry who buys this stuff......cause there are a lot of people who buy it.

They sell "fashionable" body armor for people who want to wear it but dont want to look like they are wearing it......

Large quantities of ammo over the net...... no big deal anymore......swat and tactical items......folks like to buy that stuff...... Lots of people buy it.....

Timmy Mcveigh didnt use a gun...... he bought tons of fertilizer and diesel fuel..... The 911 guys used box cutters......

Nothing we can do will ever stop this stuff from happening...... If this guy couldnt get guns and ammo he probably would have built a bomb....
    May Allah Guide Us Towards The Right Path and move us towards a better understanding of Allah and Allahs Creation.

Quote Originally Posted by darctangent View Post
    I hope you feel better....

I'm just curious what makes you feel like you are entitled or qualified to appraise the character of others based on what you see here?

BTW, I just hit the report button.
    Thank you duckman........but Im sure coolwhip, six and the worm are all capable of defending themselves on here without you trying to scoring a few brownie points with them.

Did you even watch that video....... cant you imagine GA doing the worm to escape the carnage..... or coolwhip in his afro wig.........feets dont fails me now..........lol

Id probably run too...

It just depends upon the situation. If I had have been there with a gun... I might have snuck up oh the shooter and popped him in the back of the head, or I might have just laid down and peed on myself.

I would still be proud to have other site members mentioned to be armed as well in that situation with me. We have it in our hearts to protect each other, not braggarts, we love justice and freedom and the american way. We do what we can.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Thank you duckman........but Im sure coolwhip, six and the worm are all capable of defending themselves on here without you trying to scoring a few brownie points with them.

Did you even watch that video....... cant you imagine GA doing the worm to escape the carnage..... or coolwhip in his afro wig.........feets dont fails me now..........lol
    You have no right to predict the courage or cowardice in the heart of any man.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

I'm not defending them. I'm talking about you, and those that use tactics like yours. You might actually have quite a bit in common with the people you disparage.

The message:

It might make you feel good, but tearing other people down won't build you up.

Insulting those you disagree with is the mark of the intellectually weak, lazy, or infirm. Either that, or there is simply no solid ground for your argument to stand on.

I have been where you are, I have done what you are doing. The thing to do is to recognize what you've done and to do better going forward.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us.

Two pressures, four temperatures = SUCCESS!

Boulder Heating Contractor

For Consumers:

For HVACR Professionals:

Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121316 ... LastLast