another whackjob goes on a shooting spree - Page 3
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by barbar View Post
    Glad to see you guys are showing compassion to those who have been hurt by this mentally ill nut case.
    I didn't know this thread was supposed to be about talking out our feelings. I certainly feel for the victims and their families. But there are also people here trying to imply that banning guns will solve the problem, which it won't.

You guys who need to carry guns have lost the war, (you may win a battle) because those who promote terror, win because you are changing your life by living in fear.
    I happen to frequent shady areas for work. I refuse to become a statistic. Plus, common street criminals hardly have terroristic intentions. I think you misunderstand what terrorism is.

[/QUOTE]
    The guy is a nut job, they have always been there, and will always be there.[/QUOTE]

You just made a very good point.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by barbar View Post
    Glad to see you guys are showing compassion to those who have been hurt by this mentally ill nut case.
    I hope they can find some level peace within what ever faith they may hold.
    Have you watched the reports,
    Many people in the theater thought the sounds and smoke was a stunt. so it would have taken time to respond even if you had carry guns.
    Plus it was dark so if all had guns, there would have been bullets flying in every direction, how many would have just been hurt, by accidental fire?
    I think you guys have been watching to much Hollywood movies, thinking that they are documentaries.
    You guys who need to carry guns have lost the war, (you may win a battle) because those who promote terror, win because you are changing your life by living in fear.

The guy is a nut job, they have always been there, and will always be there.

Trust me, there is so little fear when you have a 9mm tucked into a low profile shoulder holster.

That being said over the St Patricks weekend over 40 people were shot in Chicago....

Where was the 24 hour coverage of the 6 year old girl who was shot in her living room ? The public outcry ? Your condemnation of Americans who take their second amendment right seriously ?

And I'll bet you a dime to dollar NONE of those guns were registered and no one was carrying a conceal carry permit in Chicago when 2 weeks ago 18 people were shot over night.

Your sympathy is fake.

The point is BARBAR that in a State where conceal carry is legal the scum have one extra very important consideration to make.

Will a law abiding citizen cut my rampage short by putting a bullet through my head ?

what amazes me is there was not ONE CCW holder in the entire crowd.

I feel very sorry for the victims, this is a tragedy of the first order.

But you can't regulate behavior.
    BEING AN ADULT

is the dumbest thing I have ever done

The UK and France both canceled the "Batman" premiers on fear of a gunman showing up..............unfreakingbelievable
    BEING AN ADULT

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    what amazes me is there was not ONE CCW holder in the entire crowd.
    Pretty sure you have to obey the signs in CO, or risk getting in major trouble. MN used to be that way, but now the business can only ask you to leave and you can be charged with trespassing if you refuse.

Quote Originally Posted by signal15 View Post
    Pretty sure you have to obey the signs in CO, or risk getting in major trouble. MN used to be that way, but now the business can only ask you to leave and you can be charged with trespassing if you refuse.

well you know what, I carry a CONCEALED HAND GUN, regardless of any sign no one will know Im carrying until a need it.

How many people in Colorado do you think will be applying for a hand gun permit by the end of next week
    BEING AN ADULT

I carry mine concealed also, even though we can open carry here. Back when those signs had major consequences for violating them though, I did not carry into places with signs. I did not want to risk losing my permit and having a criminal record.

The laws differ so much state by state, it's ridiculous. What's legal in one state is a felony in another. We need a federal law that equalizes the law across the country.

A weapon in the hands of someone in that theater other than the shooter would have caused more panic and would have been very unlikely to stop him - he was wearing armor in the dark with the smoke from a smoke bomb surrounding him. You would have to have the skills of a Seal to have done something about it - not many of us are that good. With that said I don't think this incident should be about gun control since he did purchase the stuff legally.
    Fox News - Rich people paying rich people to tell middle class people to blame the poor.

Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    A weapon in the hands of someone in that theater other than the shooter would have caused more panic and would have been very unlikely to stop him - he was wearing armor in the dark with the smoke from a smoke bomb surrounding him. You would have to have the skills of a Seal to have done something about it - not many of us are that good. With that said I don't think this incident should be about gun control since he did purchase the stuff legally.

Training my friend!

I shoot 'live' courses at least monthly (sometimes weekly), and I shoot stationary targets at least weekly just for skill. Whether I would have taken out the perp is a question of whether it was safe for everyone... One of the things in training is to evaluate collateral damage (which includes injury to innocents).

Folks who train regularly know these things...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Training my friend!

I shoot 'live' courses at least monthly (sometimes weekly), and I shoot stationary targets at least weekly just for skill. Whether I would have taken out the perp is a question of whether it was safe for everyone... One of the things in training is to evaluate collateral damage (which includes injury to innocents).

Folks who train regularly know these things...
    Even though I do not personally believe their should be no need to carry a gun, I think those who do legally, should undertake regular training in both use and application.
    Like an advanced driver, who can control his car better, very rarely needs to use his skills, as he able to judge the situation (due to training), way before the skill is required.

Quote Originally Posted by Six View Post
    Trust me, there is so little fear when you have a 9mm tucked into a low profile shoulder holster.

That being said over the St Patricks weekend over 40 people were shot in Chicago....

Where was the 24 hour coverage of the 6 year old girl who was shot in her living room ? The public outcry ? Your condemnation of Americans who take their second amendment right seriously ?

And I'll bet you a dime to dollar NONE of those guns were registered and no one was carrying a conceal carry permit in Chicago when 2 weeks ago 18 people were shot over night.

Your sympathy is fake.

The point is BARBAR that in a State where conceal carry is legal the scum have one extra very important consideration to make.

Will a law abiding citizen cut my rampage short by putting a bullet through my head ?
    You do not know me well enough to determine if my sympathy is fake.

By all means question my ideology, but you are of such small stature that you can not question my integrity.

So what your are saying the 9mm ticked low, gives you a sense of security and sense of superiority, and you are the one who thinks legalized drugs is bad idea!

You have clearly shown on this site, that you have temper, and that you do not suffer fools, it ones like you, help confirm my thoughts that carry guns should be limited.

I hope you can keep your PMT under control.

Quote Originally Posted by Six View Post
    Does Colorado have a conceal carry law ? The only way you can prevent random shootings like this is to arm the law abiding general public.

Now the media is going to cover this ad naseum and low life politicians are going to try and use it but it needs perspective.

2 weeks ago 18 shot in Chicago.

3rd week of March 49 people shot and a 6 year old girl shot in her living room and another 6 year old girl shot on her porch.

Compare the coverage of the Colorado shootings to the coverage to the coverage of the Chicago shootings

Lets see how many politicians come out and offer to solve peoples problems.
    Private businesses can ban you from carrying in firearms whether or not there is a concealed carry law. I wonder if this theater banned people from carrying.

My dear *******,

The truth of the matter is that we will never know how we will react in a situation like that in colorado until we find ourselves in that situation.

I would say there were a few concealed weapons in that theater but I would say those that were carrying either were more concerned with getting out of there or they just didnt know what to do in a scenario like that dark and crowded theater especially given the confusion.

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast