Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by ar_hvac_man View Post
    They lowered the dead to 12 and released his name and age. James Holmes, 24yrs old.

WTF is wrong with these people...Prison or death is not good enough for them. They should be strung up and tortured as an example for any other freaks thinking of doing this crap
    They arent afraid of reprecussions.

I have 2 thoughts.

1. What the hell were children doing in a theatre after midnight. One victim was 3 mo. old.

2. Just more proof we need automatic death penalty for anyone that intentionally kills a child 13yrs and under.
    Discipline your child so that other parents don't have to.

We're awl pawthetic and kweepy and can't get giwrls. That's why we fight wobots.

Bombs don't kill either, the people that make the bombs kill.

A gun is a tool, just like any other tool. It is a implement used by a human for a particular purpose.
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    If this guy’s gun did not kill those people, what did? How would he have killed that many people if he did not have a gun?

I am in no way espousing making guns illegal but guns DO making killing too easy. The simple truth of it is that we have to take the bad with the good with guns.

Saying guns don’t kill is like saying bombs don’t kill.
    Well, yes: Bombs do not kill anyone until they are set off.

Taking away the tool does not change the mindset. If we did dis-arm society... murder would happen with knives, baseball bats, ice picks, dinner forks, etc.

I remember a few weeks ago: BHO spoke at a fund raiser (private mind you, over $1K per plate). There were NO dinner knives... and they literally collected the forks before BHO was in the building. Now if paranoia is SOO high... even at a private function to promote someone... even forks are dangerous... then collecting guns will not change a mindset.

So no, outlawing guns will not lower crime.

There are literally millions of cases per year where an armed citizen (trained, permitted to carry, and most important; practiced to skill level) STOPPED a crime and potentially saved lives.

The number of 'saves' highly outweighs the number of kills when it comes to guns.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    If this guy’s gun did not kill those people, what did? How would he have killed that many people if he did not have a gun?

I am in no way espousing making guns illegal but guns DO making killing too easy. The simple truth of it is that we have to take the bad with the good with guns.

Saying guns don’t kill is like saying bombs don’t kill.
    And a spoon made Rosie O'donnell fat?? Lets be realistic.

Okay let's see other options....could have blocked the doors and thrown a couple of them molatak cocktails (don't know how to spell it), pretty easy to make cholorine gas with some bleach, could have waited for the movie to get out and then drove through the crowd as fast as he could.

I sure miss the days when people had to take responsibility for the actions instead of finding something or someone to blame.
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

Quote Originally Posted by chaard View Post
    They arent afraid of reprecussions.

I have 2 thoughts.

1. What the hell were children doing in a theatre after midnight. One victim was 3 mo. old.

2. Just more proof we need automatic death penalty for anyone that intentionally kills a child 13yrs and under.
    Its a sign of our society devolving as the younger generations suffer from the effects of public schools the breakdown of the family unit and the liberal mindset of selective morality.

Bottom line is a mass influx of idiots unfortunately.

This is going to appear cruel but, let,s have gun laws like the ones they have in Canada...

...oh, wait...

Sorry folks, disarming the lawabiding citizens only leaves unarmed citizens with no protection. The Supreme Court time and again has upheld that the responsibility for protecting oneself falls on you, law enforcement is literally and legally under no obligation to defend you or come to your aid.
    (The wise men of modern thought) adore a god made of putty or of wax - plastic, effeminate, molluscous, with no masculine faculty about him, and no quality that entitles him to the respect of just and honest men, for a being who cannot be angry at wrongdoing is destitute of one of the essential virtues, and a moral Ruler who is not angry with the wicked, and who refuses to punish crime, is not divine. ---Spurgeon

Can we stop with the anti gun rhetoric. If you don't like our 2nd Amendment, move to another country.

I don't own a gun but i sure and the hell ain't going to try and take away our Constitutional rights.

Thousands of illegal guns are imported into this country every year. Taking away guns from law abiding citizens will only leave us defenseless and more prone to crime cause afterall who's going to be there when you get mugged, assaulted, raped, kidnapped, etc.? It sure ain't the police. The police rarely prevent crimes. They only arrest those that commit crimes.

If the crooks are going to have guns, then we all should be allowed to have guns.
    Last edited by chaard; 07-20-2012 at 04:19 PM.

We're awl pawthetic and kweepy and can't get giwrls. That's why we fight wobots.

Quote Originally Posted by Six View Post
    Its a sign of our society devolving as the younger generations suffer from the effects of public schools the breakdown of the family unit and the liberal mindset of selective morality.

Bottom line is a mass influx of idiots unfortunately.
    Not to mention the violence the younger generation is confronted with, real or unreal (entertainment), including some sports.

The more I look at this society, the more it reminds me of the old Roman empire.

And we all know how that ended.....

Roy
    "The perfect Totalitarian State is one where the political bosses, and their army of managers, control a population of slaves, who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude"

I heard from a friend who heard it from a guy at Tastee Freeze, that this was Nancy Pelosi's shoe salesman......so it's gotta be true. She just got him so worked up that it's in him and it's gotta come out........
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

Midnight Sun Astrophotography

The anti gun movement cant use this scenario as an argument.

The " No fire arms on premises " sign obviously didn't work.

I carry when I am traveling to places I have never been and have an inkling that it might not be safe. I carry to the bank when I am going in or leaving with large amounts of cash (despite the sign that says I can't since it doesn't mean anything in my state except that they can ask you to leave). Once in North Minneapolis just off Broadway, two guys on foot blocked us at an intersection and were very clearly about to car jack us. I had my gun in my lap when a terrible driver came around the corner and almost creamed one of them. The guy in front of the truck moved to see if his friend got hit and we took off.

States that have enacted CCW have seen dramatic reductions in random violent crime, burglaries, and home invasions. In FL, the crime rate of CCW holders is *0.2%* (all crime, not just gun related) that of the general population.

The anti-gun lobby will certainly spin this incident as an argument in their favor. But realistically, they are only making themselves less safe, even if they don't carry. The bottom line is, criminals will always get guns, and they will be more likely to use them knowing that most people will be helpless.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

The trailer for Gangster Squad supposedly was shown after the Dark Knight trailer on tv. The trailer shows gunmen shooting up a theater. Watch it here. Go to 2min.

It has been pulled almost everywhere.

Glad to see you guys are showing compassion to those who have been hurt by this mentally ill nut case.
    I hope they can find some level peace within what ever faith they may hold.
    Have you watched the reports,
    Many people in the theater thought the sounds and smoke was a stunt. so it would have taken time to respond even if you had carry guns.
    Plus it was dark so if all had guns, there would have been bullets flying in every direction, how many would have just been hurt, by accidental fire?
    I think you guys have been watching to much Hollywood movies, thinking that they are documentaries.
    You guys who need to carry guns have lost the war, (you may win a battle) because those who promote terror, win because you are changing your life by living in fear.

The guy is a nut job, they have always been there, and will always be there.

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast