Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 58910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by syndicated View Post
    It would appear the widely accepted definition of an assault rifle has 3 common points.
    1. Automatic rifle.
    2. Intermediate sized cartridge
    3. Detachable magazine.

The original being the stg. 44 or MP44 designed by the nazi's. Although I feel like the BAR predates the German weapon.
    As its original intention was to fire off many accurate and effective rounds to kill and suppress the enemy.
    Has this changed???
    Anyone hunting with an AK47, m4 or anything else full auto needs to give their head a shake. So what other reason to have them?
    I feel bad for the police in the US, having to worry about facing criminals better armed than them!
    We Americans don't have to "need" something to "want" something, and for the most part, we have the right and freedom to have what we want without someone else dictating what we should or should not be allowed to have.

If it were up to me, it would be legal for us to own fully automatic machine guns, bazookas and tanks. As long as we don't use things to do harm to others, what difference does it make what we have? I can kill someone with my any kind of stick, pretty much any tool I own or even my bare hands, so where is the logic in picking and choosing what I should be allowed to own or not?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    But for how long, until the next trend comes along?
    Exactly Printer... that is the definition of someone without conviction of what they believe (in).

When folks believe in something bigger (higher) then themselves (or self... which includes believing in something bigger than the human mind); they have something to strive FOR. When self becomes the goal... folks tend to regress. Check history on this... the trend is there... and it has repeated itself many times.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Galatians 2:20-21; Colossians 1: 21-22 & 26-27; 3:1-4; Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service.

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Exactly Printer... that is the definition of someone without conviction of what they believe (in).

When folks believe in something bigger (higher) then themselves (or self... which includes believing in something bigger than the human mind); they have something to strive FOR. When self becomes the goal... folks tend to regress. Check history on this... the trend is there... and it has repeated itself many times.
    Unless they are at peace with themselves and the world and have no need to strive for earthly goals.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by syndicated View Post
    It would appear the widely accepted definition of an assault rifle has 3 common points.
    1. Automatic rifle.
    2. Intermediate sized cartridge
    3. Detachable magazine.

The original being the stg. 44 or MP44 designed by the nazi's. Although I feel like the BAR predates the German weapon.
    As its original intention was to fire off many accurate and effective rounds to kill and suppress the enemy.
    Has this changed???
    Anyone hunting with an AK47, m4 or anything else full auto needs to give their head a shake. So what other reason to have them?
    I feel bad for the police in the US, having to worry about facing criminals better armed than them!
    On point 1, no. Assault rifles are typically demonized semi-autos. We cannot legally buy or own full autos, not the average person.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"Ain't nobody got time for that". Corny

Unless they are at peace with themselves and the world and have no need to strive for earthly goals.
    You are speaking of a small minority Printer... whether you realize it or not people REALLY ARE sheep. The NEED for something to believe in... folks will pick something if what they need (that something to believe in) is taken away. It is a part of human nature folks do not like to talk about... it makes us feel weak. The reality is when folks believe in something bigger than themselves... they just do better.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    On point 1, no. Assault rifles are typically demonized semi-autos. We cannot legally buy or own full autos, not the average person.
    Actually, you can own a full auto weapon... however it will set you back a BUNCH! And you will need lots of $$$ as well as a VERY thorough background check. And I suspect you will be watched by lots of folks whose salaries come out of the tax pool and are more or less above the law.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

You are speaking of a small minority Printer... whether you realize it or not people REALLY ARE sheep. The NEED for something to believe in... folks will pick something if what they need (that something to believe in) is taken away. It is a part of human nature folks do not like to talk about... it makes us feel weak. The reality is when folks believe in something bigger than themselves... they just do better.
    Lots of wisdom in that post.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"Ain't nobody got time for that". Corny

Like the NFL.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Like the NFL.
    Yeah, or maybe the idea $$$ will buy happiness... or maybe the thought I can do what I please without consequences... or perhaps any form of obsession or addiction.

We really are not as smart as we think we are... unless that smarts is kept within the bounds of something bigger than ourselves.

Simply put... mankind is not a god... yet mankind seems to naturally resist a GOD helping mankind... IMO the paradox of life throughout the ages.

And with that questionably profound statement... this amateur philosopher needs some sleep. As some of you read in a different thread... my Dad passed last week. The funeral was last Sat... the burial is 600+ miles away on Friday. Lots to do workwise so I can leave Thurs to go to the family plot in Shreveport Louisiana.

Cheers folks.

PS--After Wed nite, I will be away from Email for around 4 days.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Yeah, or maybe the idea $$$ will buy happiness... or maybe the thought I can do what I please without consequences... or perhaps any form of obsession or addiction.

We really are not as smart as we think we are... unless that smarts is kept within the bounds of something bigger than ourselves.

Simply put... mankind is not a god... yet mankind seems to naturally resist a GOD helping mankind... IMO the paradox of life throughout the ages.

And with that questionably profound statement... this amateur philosopher needs some sleep. As some of you read in a different thread... my Dad passed last week. The funeral was last Sat... the burial is 600+ miles away on Friday. Lots to do workwise so I can leave Thurs to go to the family plot in Shreveport Louisiana.

Cheers folks.

My sincere Condolences GA,

I understand the pain of losing a parent. Be glad of the time you had with him.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us.

Two pressures, four temperatures = SUCCESS!

Boulder Heating Contractor

For Consumers:

For HVACR Professionals:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-...rora-shooting/

And remember the gubba is always right,knew this would happen right out of the gate.

Printer,you will never reach that nirvana in your lifetime.

And to John sorry about your loss,already been there the pain will subside in time and you will remember the good things and take solace in it.
    FEN

Cheers folks.

Sorry to hear that, I did not know how the funeral you mentioned going to was related to you. I wish the best for you and your family.

Sorry to hear that, I did not know how the funeral you mentioned going to was related to you. I wish the best for you and your family.
    Johns dad past away. Read here. http://HVAC-Talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1118741
    I repair air conditioners to keep people cool when it's 110+ degrees outside.
    I repair heaters so people don't freeze to death.
    I shut down furnaces that are unsafe to operate.
    Make fun of my profession, but dang it, I save lives.

We're awl pawthetic and kweepy and can't get giwrls. That's why we fight wobots.

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 58910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast