Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171821 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    this article makes a very compelling report:

Why didn't ANYONE fight back???

http://www.naturalnews.com/036537_Ja..._shooting.html
    Not being there, it is impossible to really say, but it appears that Holmes had the advantage of completely disorienting the people in the theater with tear gas and gunfire. If Holmes started up an aisle, shooting people closest to the aisle on both sides, I don't see how it would have been easy for anyone to be able to get the rush on him.

That site sounds like a bunch of arm chair hero wannabees.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    Okay Printer. I am going to spell this out to you in simple terms.

For starters you seem to advocate gun control, prohibition. Except the police. And you seem to advocate prohibition of protective wear. Anybody can see that is a bad combination. Except loonies parading around in their underwear watching videos of the Tienanmen square massacre while waving a red flag with a star and sickle on it.

I am curious if you guys have red underwear, or are you multicultural in underwear color. It is nothing I care to see, and no I am not gay. I guess I was just wondering if communists have a fashion statement to make. They seem to favor red.
    Care to show where I 'seem to advocate gun control, prohibition'? Well, I do not think many people should have machine guns although I did know a couple that had some. Fired one and a semiauto I had once went full auto on me. I do not see them as being suitable for polite society. Or better yet, I would rather them not get into the wrong hands.

As far as the red underwear, well what do you think?

Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    Care to show where I 'seem to advocate gun control, prohibition'? Well, I do not think many people should have machine guns although I did know a couple that had some. Fired one and a semiauto I had once went full auto on me. I do not see them as being suitable for polite society. Or better yet, I would rather them not get into the wrong hands.

Fully auto firearms are already highly regulated in the United States. There is no need for additional regulations when the current regulations only serve to remove firearms from those who don't commit crimes with them in the first place.
    "No matter how thirsty your imagination, mirages contain no water"

Come on Toolslinger, now you're just being an arse.

Okay, you got me pegged. But I am just sayin' there is no practical method of regulation that could stop this sort of insanity. The dude had one speeding ticket. I guess you are either going to have to outlaw guns, or accept this sort of thing will happen from time to time.

Disturbing thought.
    Which is what I said earlier, no matter what precautions you could take, if a person is hell bent on destruction they will find a way to do it.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

I have to agree with Tool, you do seem to side on the "restrict and control" crowd.

what you think is "sensible" gun restriction/control maybe fine for you, for the rest of us we'd prefer less restrictions
    The Last four letters

American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats

any questions

Which is what I said earlier, no matter what precautions you could take, if a person is hell bent on destruction they will find a way to do it.
    Which is exactly why the rest of us should be allowed to arm ourselves for personal self-defense if we choose to do so.
    "No matter how thirsty your imagination, mirages contain no water"

Quote Originally Posted by cool-in-cayman View Post
    Guns are illegal in the Cayman Islands.

You'd think in a tiny country surrounded by water that it would be very hard for criminals to get their hands on illegal guns.

Turns out, they are the only people who have them...and they use them too.

http://www.cayman27.com.ky/2011/09/2...ry-other-night

If guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns..Imagine that.
    Anyone ever willing to let their mind realize polecats WANT the citizens to be defenseless? Gives the govt more power... and allows the govt to get rid of opposition (yes, I am saying a polecat might arrange that). Think it is not so... well I think blind faith in a polecat is naive...

There is another reason polecats want the public defenseless; They (the polecats) KNOW they are taking unfair advantage of the citizens... and they FEAR they will get caught. Think of it this way: Would a polecat be more afraid of an armed citizenry, or a disarmed citizenry? DUH...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Please explain what this 'polite society' is... and also please explain how we are gonna keep guns out of the wrong hands?

As to the second question... note what Cool in Caymen noted: Guns are illegal on the island... yet criminals have them and use them.

NO, the ARMED citizen is the BEST defense... and there is NO govt that can provide a risk free society. Just life guy.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Please explain what this 'polite society' is... and also please explain how we are gonna keep guns out of the wrong hands?

As to the second question... note what Cool in Caymen noted: Guns are illegal on the island... yet criminals have them and use them.

NO, the ARMED citizen is the BEST defense... and there is NO govt that can provide a risk free society. Just life guy.
    a armed society is a Polite society
    The Last four letters

American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats

any questions

ga, These people really frighten me. I am serious ga, they scare the he11 out of me. It is like sheep, or minnows, or something like that, bait.
    Yeah, I understand! They want to control our lives... yet they also want to live off our taxes... AMAZING!
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    Which is exactly why the rest of us should be allowed to arm ourselves for personal self-defense if we choose to do so.
    Which I have no problem with.

Which I have no problem with.
    Do you not have a problem with it... or do you whole-heartedly support it?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post

Polite society? Canadian of course.

It was interesting that we had a discussion of traveling through the U.S. today brought on by this shooting. Seems that all of use had stories about being in a part of town where someone said 'Boy, you get yourself out of here if you know what is good for you.' Now not to say that Canada does not have its troubles but I can not think of a neighborhood were the average person would fear walking down the street because 'you are not from around here'. Mind you some of the reserves at night are a land unto their own, I would not recommend sightseeing at night.

Do we need to be armed here? No. Would I want to be armed when I come visit your country? Yes.

Now as far as keeping guns out of the wrong hands, I already said that if someone gets it in their mind they want to do something they are going to do it. I can see screening people for a gun license, basically keeping the really gross screw ups from having them. I was in our Psych building (hospital) today and passed by people (out patients) that I would not feel comfortable with them having a pen never mind a gun.

Our biggest problem with guns is with gangs right now. We do get the odd flake shoot someone here but usually it is personal. Now if the gangs could actually hit what they were shooting at (each other) we would not mind too much. But they spray and pray, watching too many movies I guess. And lately they have been taking to wearing armor so that the cops have a hard time taking them down.

So basically I am giving you some idea on how things are up here. Never said you are like us and should live the same, different circumstances. So is there a solution to a shooting like you had and similar ones we had? The only one I gave was not to glorify the act and make the shooter famous. It seems that is what they want now days when they do these senseless shootings.

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171821 ... LastLast