Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast
    Governments actually kill more people than any other entity.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"I say we just nuke them from space, that is the only way to be sure". Winch from ALIENS, forgot her name.

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

My front door is locked. For your personal protection.

Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    Governments actually kill more people than any other entity.
    actually, Medical mistakes kill more people than legal firearms owners, but those statistics are very difficult to find. They do that on purpose
    I only drink a little, but when I do
    I turn into another person and THAT person drinks a lot

Call me a pessimist, but I think it's a little late to look for warning signs.

[QUOTE=chaard;13785681]They're looking for warning signs. Seriously. The guy bought a semi automatic rifle, 3000 rounds. 2 glocks with 3000 rounds, and a shotgun within a month. He also bought a bullet proof vest and other tactical gear and had it shipped overnight. How this did not send up red flags with the ATF and FBI is beyond me.

There are thousands and thousands of others in the US buying the same stuff in the same quantities and combinations that this guy bought.

Survivalists, collectors.....people with more money than sense.......

Government just doesnt have the manpower to investigate these folks.

If I was still shooting I would buy my ammo like I did 20 years ago....... 1000 rounds at a time..... cause its cheaper that way....

The vest, the knife..... these are all things sold to many people each day.

I have stripper clipped ammo around here, magazines, bandoliers, alice type mag holders and suspension equipment...... but Im never going to go out like this guy and shoot up a theater.

This will happen again......and there isnt anything we can do to stop it.

Just got to hope it never happens to us.

The demons that came out of this guy are in each and every one of us.....

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    actually, Medical mistakes kill more people than legal firearms owners, but those statistics are very difficult to find. They do that on purpose
    And so do cars. We all know there is an inherent risk in getting out and driving anywhere. I am also an automobile advocate.

"I say we just nuke them from space, that is the only way to be sure". Winch from ALIENS, forgot her name.

From Australia...

In 2002 -- five years after enacting its gun ban -- the Australian Bureau of Criminology acknowledged there is no correlation between gun control and the use of firearms in violent crime. In fact, the percent of murders committed with a firearm was the highest it had ever been in 2006 (16.3 percent), says the D.C. Examiner.

Even Australia's Bureau of Crime Statistics and Research acknowledges that the gun ban had no significant impact on the amount of gun-involved crime:

In 2006, assault rose 49.2 percent and robbery 6.2 percent.
    Sexual assault -- Australia's equivalent term for rape -- increased 29.9 percent.
    Overall, Australia's violent crime rate rose 42.2 percent.

Moreover, Australia and the United States -- where no gun-ban exists -- both experienced similar decreases in murder rates:

Between 1995 and 2007, Australia saw a 31.9 percent decrease; without a gun ban, America's rate dropped 31.7 percent.
    During the same time period, all other violent crime indices increased in Australia: assault rose 49.2 percent and robbery 6.2 percent.
    Sexual assault -- Australia's equivalent term for rape -- increased 29.9 percent.
    At the same time, U.S. violent crime decreased 31.8 percent: rape dropped 19.2 percent; robbery decreased 33.2 percent; aggravated assault dropped 32.2 percent.
    Australian women are now raped over three times as often as American women.

...and from the International Crime Victims Survey...

The International Crime Victims Survey, conducted by Leiden University in Holland, found that England and Wales ranked second overall in violent crime among industrialized nations. Twenty-six percent of English citizens -- roughly one-quarter of the population -- have been victimized by violent crime. Australia led the list with more than 30 percent of its population victimized. The United States didn't even make the "top 10" list of industrialized nations whose citizens were victimized by crime.--(emphasis mine)

The brain flatulence and moralizing effluvium that passes for intellectual debate is astounding...we truly are a people that only does what is right in our own eyes.
    (The wise men of modern thought) adore a god made of putty or of wax - plastic, effeminate, molluscous, with no masculine faculty about him, and no quality that entitles him to the respect of just and honest men, for a being who cannot be angry at wrongdoing is destitute of one of the essential virtues, and a moral Ruler who is not angry with the wicked, and who refuses to punish crime, is not divine. ---Spurgeon

Do you guys think civilians should be able to buy body armor or drum magazines? I mean I am all for civil liberties but I see no practical reason why a civilian should need Kevlar body armor. What do you guys think?
    Do the right thing..... even when no one is looking

Quote Originally Posted by chaard View Post
    They're looking for warning signs. Seriously. The guy bought a semi automatic rifle, 3000 rounds. 2 glocks with 3000 rounds, and a shotgun within a month. He also bought a bullet proof vest and other tactical gear and had it shipped overnight. How this did not send up red flags with the ATF and FBI is beyond me.

I have to sign a list and show I.D. when I want to buy sudaphed. And if I buy too much, the police are notified.

Warning signs? The police, FBI and ATF had plenty.
    To be fair, this isn't exactly uncommon purchasing behavior. I, and people I know have gone on similar shopping sprees after a bonus from work or when someone was running a great sale (minus the body armor portion).

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by airtight_tech View Post
    Do you guys think civilians should be able to buy body armor or drum magazines? I mean I am all for civil liberties but I see no practical reason why a civilian should need Kevlar body armor. What do you guys think?
    body armor, yes absolutely. How many inner city jobs do you go on? I look at body armor not for protection from bullets, but from knife attack.

Now, to be honest I have pretty much given up on inner city calls. there are a lot of other companies that will be happy to go there, not me. BTDT, no thanx

To me a drum Mag is impracticable. For one thing they weigh a ton. But if you want to own one, that's fine with me. The number of bullets your carrying means nothing to me. the only difference is in the number of times your going to have to change Mags. But they sure do save time on the reloading (besides, anyone with a drum mag is usually doing the "spray and pray" thing. which is kind of expensive and a complete waste of ammo)
    I only drink a little, but when I do
    I turn into another person and THAT person drinks a lot

Uh... If some of the folks at this theater had been wearing kevlar body armor the death and injury count might be lower.

Drum magazines........ I have one for my AK.....but Ive never loaded it.... dont see much sense in it either but Ive got it if I ever need it....but of course I doubt Ill ever need it.

Times probably going to come in this country when it wont be a bad idea to put on your bulletproof vest before stepping out to the grocery store.

I'm pretty sure nobody is going to threaten me with body armor.

What business is it of mine if somebody wants to buy something I object to?

If you put me in charge you might find yourself without a few of the things in life that you enjoy most, but I detest.

Liberty is a beautiful thing.

GBA, Brother!
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us.

Two pressures, four temperatures = SUCCESS!

Boulder Heating Contractor

For Consumers:

For HVACR Professionals:

Body armor is a defensive thing. Surely you cannot regulate that. Should protective helmets be illegal? I don't think you have thought that one through yet.

Quote Originally Posted by shaygetz View Post
    From Australia...

In 2002 -- five years after enacting its gun ban -- the Australian Bureau of Criminology acknowledged there is no correlation between gun control and the use of firearms in violent crime. In fact, the percent of murders committed with a firearm was the highest it had ever been in 2006 (16.3 percent), says the D.C. Examiner.

Even Australia's Bureau of Crime Statistics and Research acknowledges that the gun ban had no significant impact on the amount of gun-involved crime:

In 2006, assault rose 49.2 percent and robbery 6.2 percent.

Moreover, Australia and the United States -- where no gun-ban exists -- both experienced similar decreases in murder rates:

Between 1995 and 2007, Australia saw a 31.9 percent decrease; without a gun ban, America's rate dropped 31.7 percent.
    During the same time period, all other violent crime indices increased in Australia: assault rose 49.2 percent and robbery 6.2 percent.
    At the same time, U.S. violent crime decreased 31.8 percent: rape dropped 19.2 percent; robbery decreased 33.2 percent; aggravated assault dropped 32.2 percent.
    Australian women are now raped over three times as often as American women.

...and from the International Crime Victims Survey...

The International Crime Victims Survey, conducted by Leiden University in Holland, found that England and Wales ranked second overall in violent crime among industrialized nations. Twenty-six percent of English citizens -- roughly one-quarter of the population -- have been victimized by violent crime. Australia led the list with more than 30 percent of its population victimized. The United States didn't even make the "top 10" list of industrialized nations whose citizens were victimized by crime.--(emphasis mine)

The brain flatulence and moralizing effluvium that passes for intellectual debate is astounding...we truly are a people that only does what is right in our own eyes.
    Now that was a great post.

The inherent risks associated with freedom are far less offensive than the inherent risks associated with a police state.

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast