Trane LCI-R Bacnet

OK, I initially thought the the new Trane Bacnet card was really cool. It had all kind of really well described points with on board trending. Checked the trends, dates are all messed up, sent a network time sync out via Tridium, all is cool the time has been reset. Now I tried to schedule the occupancy input point, the point changes but the actual occupancy remains the same, occupied. Now I try to change some other stuff, nothing seems to respond to the writable inputs. Maybe I'm just missing something stupid, like I said it's my first wag at these comm. cards, any help would be greatly appreciated. The card is on a Precedent series unit, I don't have the exact model # on hand.

I know with the BCI-R Bacnet card you have to set the outofservice point to the correct value. One way it uses the local variable and the other way it uses the bas value. I have some BCI-R documents if you think that will help you. I have commisioned 2 of these with pretty good results and ease.

I know every time we do a Trane BCI-X we have to have Trane come out and change something on the BCI so that we can write to it. Also, we get them to change it from metric to standard measurements. It gets me everytime I look at their invoice and they charge a "technology usage" charge for having to use their laptops. What a @";()&@!! Rip off!
    "It's not that I'm smart, it's that I stay with the problem longer”
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by xarralu View Post
    I know every time we do a Trane BCI-X we have to have Trane come out and change something on the BCI so that we can write to it. Also, we get them to change it from metric to standard measurements. It gets me everytime I look at their invoice and they charge a "technology usage" charge for having to use their laptops. What a @";()&@!! Rip off!
    You can use the free bacnet setup tool from tranes website to change the UoM and other basic setting like baude rate. So far we have been able to avoid calling them. Hope to keep it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by sycontrol View Post
    You can use the free bacnet setup tool from tranes website to change the UoM and other basic setting like baude rate. So far we have been able to avoid calling them. Hope to keep it that way.
    Sounds like you have had better luck than we have had. Yea, I've used the Trane BACnet setup tool (ver 2.0 is what I have) but I am only able to change the baud rate and the MAC address. When I try to change it from metric to standard, it won't accept it nor will it let me write to it.

Is there a different setup tool or version that is better to use?
    "It's not that I'm smart, it's that I stay with the problem longer”
    Albert Einstein

I know with the BCI-R Bacnet card you have to set the outofservice point to the correct value. One way it uses the local variable and the other way it uses the bas value. I have some BCI-R documents if you think that will help you. I have commisioned 2 of these with pretty good results and ease.
    Do you know the name of the out of service point? I changed the local control point from local to BAS control. The feedback point changed but the unit still will not respond to network commands.

Quote Originally Posted by xarralu View Post
    Sounds like you have had better luck than we have had. Yea, I've used the Trane BACnet setup tool (ver 2.0 is what I have) but I am only able to change the baud rate and the MAC address. When I try to change it from metric to standard, it won't accept it nor will it let me write to it.

Is there a different setup tool or version that is better to use?
    I also used the tool to change the Baud rate. Not a whole lot you can do with the tool. It was kind of funny, I carry a seperate bag full of different cables, adapters, and dongles. I didn't have the USB printer cable required. I had one at home, the next day I connected and loaded the drivers. Then after I was done, I was like why doesn't everybody use that cable?

Also there is a service bulletin out on the BCI-Rs, when used with certain Reliatel modules there are issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    very soon it is you that will be pwned

Quote Originally Posted by mechdorn View Post
    Do you know the name of the out of service point? I changed the local control point from local to BAS control. The feedback point changed but the unit still will not respond to network commands.
    Each point has on OutOfService point. You set the BAS points to false to use the BAS valuse. True settings use local values.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by joey791 View Post
    Also there is a service bulletin out on the BCI-Rs, when used with certain Reliatel modules there are issues.
    If I remember correctly, unless your RTRM is v8.4 or higher, the BCI-R will not use communicated unoccupied setpoints. Instead, it will revert to the default configuration setpoints in the board. I don't think there are any major issues with the BCI-R.

Each point has on OutOfService point. You set the BAS points to false to use the BAS valuse. True settings use local values.
    I finally made it back to the site today. The "Out of Service" point attribute for Occupancy Cmd was indeed set to true. Changed it to false also change a few others. Everything appears to be working well. Thanks to all.

If you're using Tridium you can change the out of service attribute using the virtual gateway; this will stay in the BCI config unless its blown out back to default..