Fx70 Battery test fail

Hey Guy's I have a little problem at one of my sight's that I thought was due to a defective Fx70? I get an alarm from the Power Monitor service thats states Battery Test Failed? Now we thought that it might have been a defective Jace so we changed it out on warrenty. Only thing is after around 4 weeks this alarm is back? Anyone have any idea"s what is up here?
    Thanks

I assume you obviously checked the battery, connector, etc on the internal NiMH battery. If this is not an issue I would check the external battery and external battery input & output connections. It is possible a short is draining the battery down. Also if there are a lot of power outages and it's not getting a full 18 hour minimum recharge between power cycles it can cause these issues.

-Jeremy

Yes Sir battery was checked internal battery fine. The only thing that I can think of is that the UPS that backs up the system is intermitantly failing? It has been tested and seems to be good. There are a slew of power outages in this area but this does not explain why the darn thing is perfect for the first 4weeks of operation through the same types of outages...

do you have anything connected to the external input for external battery monitoring? Those inputs will generate the same alarms as the internal battery.

Also how is the UPS connected? is it powering the FX70 power supply directly or is it tied into the external battery controls on the FX70?

-Jeremy