Different guages for R-22/R-410a?

How big of a deal is it to use the same guages on different refrigerants? Just got the ak-900 and would like to leave the analogs on the truck for backup only.

Most with digital gauges use them on all sytems.

My 1200s and 900s have had so many refrigerants through them that I've lost count.

Thats what I wanted to hear.

i used to have a seperate set for both when i used el cheapo analogs ... ak900 for all referigerants ... only thing i switch is my hoses to 3's depending on if its a small fractional HP system or leave on my 5's for larger stuff ...... but im even debating on stopping that because im wondering if its a huge difference

Quote Originally Posted by hvac wiz 79 View Post
    i used to have a seperate set for both when i used el cheapo analogs ... ak900 for all referigerants ... only thing i switch is my hoses to 3's depending on if its a small fractional HP system or leave on my 5's for larger stuff ...... but im even debating on stopping that because im wondering if its a huge difference

It amounts to approximately 1 ounce of liquid r-134a per 3 feet of hose, by the way.

so about the .3 oz per foot thats been beaten into my noggin ... what about gas side or is that minimal ?

Quote Originally Posted by hvac wiz 79
    so about the .3 oz per foot thats been beaten into my noggin ... what about gas side or is that minimal ?
    I don't have a number, but I wouldn't figure it into any charging computations.