Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I have a set of these...

and a set of these

and to tell you the truth, I usually use the four valve set the most.

I also have a cheapie for 410A, but I will probably upgrade here pretty soon, as I am seeing more and more 410A stuff these days..

But I really like hvacpope's reply... You can always forget about tools when you have beer on the brain...

as majority says yellow jacket

One set you might want to avoid unless they changed their design is the set called Brute. They are BIG aluminum gauges. I had a set and put them on a compressor that had a burnout. The seats in the gauges were also aluminum and they pitted and leaked after that.

Aliminum is an alkali metal and can't stand acid.

The factory said "Well why did you put them on a system that had acid" Because you just might not know without xray vision.

I've still have them and always planned to tap the ports and thread in some faucet seats of brass and maybe I can use them again.
    Tracers work both ways.

Yellow Jackets...proven.

DO NOT buy IMPERIALS....you've been warned.
    If everything was always done "by the book"....the book would never change.

I have a set of off the shelf Yellow jackets with valves at the end of the hoses, for every day use. For evacuation, I have a set that are kept in a case. They have a valve tree on the center port, no hoses, I use soft copper tubing when pulling a vacuum. Also have a set up for using 3/8" copper to my vacuum pump. One thing I like about the McQuay chillers is they still have 3/8" vacuum ports.

Some may not like these, but the CPS gauges that can be used for R22 and R410 (not that we recommend using the SAME set on both) are a good bang for the buck.
    They have a 300PSI Lo Side gauge and a 800PSI Hi Side so if you buy one for R22, you wont go into RETARD when the comp stops
    The hoses are 60" and have ball valves on the end already which work better than the auto core type. Although I've had a few failures with the ball valves but still best bang for the buck, which is $70 here.

The center port on the manifold also has a schrader core so you can plug your Micron Gauge onto it as well.

I have two sets. one for R410 and one for R22 but they are the same model.

I started with a set of CPS with the sight glass in the center.They worked pretty well for me.I needed to see the flow to understand what "trickle" meant.
    Go RCR!

I Carry 4 sets of gauges!
    1)JB 2 valve Manifold (use for everyday PM)
    2)Yellow Jacket 2 Valve with Glycerin gauges for chiller work.
    3)Yellow Jacket 2 valve Manifold with 134a, 404a, 507 gauges I do alot of 134a chillers and 404a freezers.
    4)Imperial 4 valve Manifold for evac and charging only.

yellow j
    Installs, Changeouts, & Heat Stroke.....not necessarily in that order

TWO of these, one R22, one 410.

love them

.................................................. ......................
    ---------Holland aint flat !!! it is hollow !----------- first thing my mommy told me was : learn to swim

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12