Thread: A/S t-stats

Is the "Ultimate" t-stat that A/S installed with my system the same as the Honeywell VisionPro 800 series. It sure looks the same.

Also, I have a two stage gas furnace as backup to a heat pump. When the backup (Aux) heat is engaged, does it automatically run in first stage at 65% for whatever time it supposed to run, or does it automatically kick into 100% BTU's? Also, would there be any benefit to having the first stage gas (65%) run a little longer before second stage kicked in. If so, is there a way to tell the A/S furnace to do this? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim

Not the same, subtle changes to the Trane A/S touchscreens to maintain their 'OEM' nomenclature. Trane has different way of energizing reversing valve compared to the Honeywell VisionPro.

other than the reversing valve differences, are the installer codes the same on the Trans/AS as on the Honeywell VisionPro. I looked at the owner's manual for the Trane/AS and compared the codes with the those in the VisonPro model that looks exactly like it and, of the codes that are listed in the Trane/AS owner's manual, they match up. Of course, the owner's manual does not give all of the codes.
    Also, what about the second part of my question regarding when AUX heat (natural gas furnace) kicks in. Does it follow the furnaces' normal routine and run at 70% (1st stage) for the predetermined time or just go straight to 2nd stage (100%).

Thanks,

Jim

The VP is not capable of staging the backup. If you are using it for dual fuel, you'll have to use the board's timer to bring on backup after so many minutes, not based on home needs

Hey BaldLoonie

So the VP is not capable of staging the backup. I guess that means the Trane/AS can stage the backup heat? And that means when the Trane/AS unit indicates its firing up the emergency heat this winter, that its firing up first stage, then after the preset time built into the furnace, the second stage comes on if first stage can't satisfy demand for thermo? Am I understanding this correctly? thanks a lot, BaldLoonie

Jim P