Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by LKJoel View Post
    Why the 45 degree angle?
    I had seen it done by manufacturers. I believe it's to ensure that liquid refrigerant is entering the capillary tube. I started to copy the idea.

If you see there was work done on the refrig. side. i Would find the factory specs for the cap and the drier and replace both. Also i never re-use refrig. hopefully you put it back in the system through a drier.Check to see if it is a low temp comp if it is not the original.Good luck

The two critical points to check for suction line kinks on these slide out skids are the last bend before it enters the compressor and right where it enters the refrigeration cabinet. Old copper becomes brittle with age and will kink easily in those spots. Also, if your cap tube is soldered to the suction line, it will throw off your superheat temp.

No kinks in the suction line, the cap tube is not soldered to the suction line but wrapped around it and both are insulated. I didn't check the compressor to see if it was original or a low temp compressor, but the unit has been running fine now for a month, no complaints from the customer. Still havent been back to clean the ice machine they want to do it themselves, I just hope they do clean it I cant stand seeing crusty ice machines!

Those fractional hermetics are real workhorses. I'm amazed at the abuse and neglect they suffer yet still keep pumping!Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344692434.469170.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  77.0 KBthis is just one example I run into!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12