Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 27 to 39 of 58
  1. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Mount Airy, MD
    Posts
    7,281
    Quote Originally Posted by sprmktrefertech View Post
    EXACTLY Well said...

    I had a 720 and dropped to 620...I no longer use credit cards, I pay cash, or I don't buy it. I don't owe anybody anything....

    I would rather a guy like that any day of the week...as they are not over extended....

    The numbers are the numbers, good credit is a sign of quality hvac/r techs.


    Cash is king and the odds of over extending ones self is kinda of diminished is it not?

    Pay the interest rates for what reason? Screw that, I hate paying what I have to pay for what I do buy

  2. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    pittsburgh, pa
    Posts
    536
    Serious question for the employers.

    Your interviewing me and want to see my credit report.

    Do I get to see yours?

    Post #12 it was mentioned "would you want to work for someone who couldn't pay their bills". Interesting point, the potential employee is also making a major decision here.

    Yes, I know you deal with enough B.S. everyday, that you don't need any additional drama to deal with. Checking a credit report can save you a bunch of hassle.

    I'm not trying to stirr the pot.

    I just want some feedback from those who sit on the other side of the desk.

  3. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Sherman, TX
    Posts
    9,441
    Quote Originally Posted by 76olds View Post
    Serious question for the employers.

    Your interviewing me and want to see my credit report.

    Do I get to see yours?

    Post #12 it was mentioned "would you want to work for someone who couldn't pay their bills". Interesting point, the potential employee is also making a major decision here.

    Yes, I know you deal with enough B.S. everyday, that you don't need any additional drama to deal with. Checking a credit report can save you a bunch of hassle.

    I'm not trying to stirr the pot.

    I just want some feedback from those who sit on the other side of the desk.
    I don't check credit scores, but many businesses and insurance carriers do.

    If you don't want to comply, that's your choice, but it's also their choice not to hire you. Simple as that.

    If someone is going to be insubordinate during the interview process, then they have a zippo chance of getting hired.
    Technical incompetence is NOT a sales tool....

  4. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    2,728
    You don't need to check an employers credit score,You can just start a thread on him here!

  5. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    pittsburgh, pa
    Posts
    536
    Quote Originally Posted by John Markl View Post
    I don't check credit scores, but many businesses and insurance carriers do.

    If you don't want to comply, that's your choice, but it's also their choice not to hire you. Simple as that.

    If someone is going to be insubordinate during the interview process, then they have a zippo chance of getting hired.

    John,


    Thank you for replying.

    Now, let's pretend, for discussions sake, your someone who want's a potential employee to "lay out all their cards-their credit report " so they can get a good judge of character.

    You expect a employee to bust their hump, doing the job the way you want it done.

    I want to make sure I work for a place that will not fold up suddenly, and leave me in a jam.

    Am I out of line to want to see yours?

    For what it's worth, about 10 years ago, I was fed up with this line of work. A friend suggested I apply where he worked at (totally different from HVACR work). They wanted to check my credit, I refused, I was not intervewed.. Within a year, my friend was out of a job because they shut down.

  6. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    pittsburgh, pa
    Posts
    536
    Quote Originally Posted by coolperfect View Post
    You don't need to check an employers credit score,You can just start a thread on him here!
    Seriously, you want all the information needed to make sure your making a good decision in a new hire.

    I want to have all the information to make a good decision in something that will affect my life.

    I am not trying to be a troll here.

    I am asking a honest question.

    Edit: After reading my response, I may have sounded a little agressive. This was not my intent. I am looking for honest feedback from those who own companies/are in charge of companies. That's all.
    Last edited by 76olds; 07-20-2012 at 08:32 PM.

  7. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    2,728
    Anyone who I deal with can check my credit score,to be honest I don't know what it is! I have never taken a loan,and pay my cards in full every month.I have never been refused a card,and they come with over 15k credit.

  8. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    pittsburgh, pa
    Posts
    536
    Quote Originally Posted by coolperfect View Post
    Anyone who I deal with can check my credit score,to be honest I don't know what it is! I have never taken a loan,and pay my cards in full every month.I have never been refused a card,and they come with over 15k credit.
    I have edited my original response that I quoted you in. Apolgies for sounding like a prick.

    And thank you for your response.

  9. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Sherman, TX
    Posts
    9,441
    Quote Originally Posted by 76olds View Post
    John,


    Thank you for replying.

    Now, let's pretend, for discussions sake, your someone who want's a potential employee to "lay out all their cards-their credit report " so they can get a good judge of character.

    You expect a employee to bust their hump, doing the job the way you want it done.

    I want to make sure I work for a place that will not fold up suddenly, and leave me in a jam.

    Am I out of line to want to see yours?

    For what it's worth, about 10 years ago, I was fed up with this line of work. A friend suggested I apply where he worked at (totally different from HVACR work). They wanted to check my credit, I refused, I was not intervewed.. Within a year, my friend was out of a job because they shut down.
    My creditors aren't going to call you trying to collect my debts....

    As to your friend and his job, do any of us really know why they shut down?
    Technical incompetence is NOT a sales tool....

  10. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    up in the hizzy
    Posts
    1,376
    Quote Originally Posted by John Markl View Post

    As to your friend and his job, do any of us really know why they shut down?
    I bet Mitt Romney shipped his job to China.

  11. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    N.E. Indiana
    Posts
    879
    Quote Originally Posted by 76olds View Post
    Seriously, you want all the information needed to make sure your making a good decision in a new hire.

    I want to have all the information to make a good decision in something that will affect my life.

    I am not trying to be a troll here.

    I am asking a honest question.

    Edit: After reading my response, I may have sounded a little agressive. This was not my intent. I am looking for honest feedback from those who own companies/are in charge of companies. That's all.
    This has been discussed before. I too, posed it the same way you have. Of the responses, from those on the "other side" of the desk, it boiled down to "none of my business".

    When you go to work for someone else, it IS a business arrangement. Same as when a business does a job for a customer. I am trading my time, skills, and providing tools for a certain amount of pay with whatever else is in my compensation.
    It's business, not brain surgery.

    It's the attitude that one side has ALL the power, that will lead to a revolution of the working class. At some point workers will get a bellyfull of goverenment and employers telling them how and when they may have a bowel movement.

  12. #38
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Sherman, TX
    Posts
    9,441
    Quote Originally Posted by 76olds View Post
    I am not trying to be a troll here.

    I am asking a honest question.
    The honest answer is, that employers want to know what kind of headaches they are setting themselves up for when they hire someone....Dealing with collection calls, garnishments for debts and child support, and so on, are a pain in the rump for the office staff.

    Ponder for a moment, the fact that many large companies have full time staff members to deal with just such things. Maybe not "Bob's HVAC Service", but what about companies like Proctor and Gamble, Oscar Mayer, LOF Glass, Texas Instruments, etc?

    Is it unreasonable to attempt to gauge what kind of burden a particular employee will become on office staff?

    If you go to Johnson Controls (or someone similar) looking for a job, and they ask for permission to pull a credit score, are you gonna tell them to pound sand, and miss out on a job to prove a point?
    Technical incompetence is NOT a sales tool....

  13. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    pittsburgh, pa
    Posts
    536
    Quote Originally Posted by John Markl View Post
    The honest answer is, that employers want to know what kind of headaches they are setting themselves up for when they hire someone....Dealing with collection calls, garnishments for debts and child support, and so on, are a pain in the rump for the office staff.

    Ponder for a moment, the fact that many large companies have full time staff members to deal with just such things. Maybe not "Bob's HVAC Service", but what about companies like Proctor and Gamble, Oscar Mayer, LOF Glass, Texas Instruments, etc?

    Is it unreasonable to attempt to gauge what kind of burden a particular employee will become on office staff?

    If you go to Johnson Controls (or someone similar) looking for a job, and they ask for permission to pull a credit score, are you gonna tell them to pound sand, and miss out on a job to prove a point?
    Thank you for explaining that to me.

    I am still leary about a total stranger seeing personal information, but I understand your view.

    As far as the place my friend worked at shutting down, I know only one thing--I got lucky.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event