Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Ditto Controlman.....

I'll not hold it against someone for some of the pitfalls the economic downturn has brought. But from what I've seen the problem child's are from those who made and continue to make stupid financial decisions.
    Before I get labeled harsh I have bought tires for employees personal vehicles, loaned them vehicles when their's are down, (in one case loaned for 2 weeks, he had it for two months and then stuck my mechanic who let him pay on credit). I have paid for trips, paid for stuff for kids, paid medical leaves, and on and on. My bad decisions too, none of them are here anymore.

i assume employers think if you are financially strapped there is a better chance you will lie,cheat or steal , i know to get into NSA they check you credit history we have a few guys in our shop that cant get in because of their credit history .

What about equal oppertunity employment?

What's next.....lie detector tests?

You must come from from a desired neighborhood, lol.

you must be 5'11"or taller.

Fat people need not apply. They are known to be lazy...

left-handed people, no thanks.

come on people this is HVACR not the CIA.

Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act employers cant check employees credit reports without employee written consent, in some states is against the law to condition employment upon good credit.
    when doubt call the DOL.

Quote Originally Posted by valdelocc View Post
    Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act employers cant check employees credit reports without employee written consent, in some states is against the law to condition employment upon good credit.
    when doubt call the DOL.
    I wonder how many people get the job that don't sign the consent form

It makes me wonder, check my criminal record, check my driving record, check my urine and get a company physical... oh, and we need to make sure you can afford that new camaro you are driving.

We are also giving you this new iphone ! Make sure not to disable the GPS, we will know.

Quote Originally Posted by wahoo View Post
    Employees who have "credit" problems a LOT of times also have child support along with attendance problems (many times due to legal stuff following them around). Might be a great worker, but stuff in the closet makes problems for them constantly. Sad, but many times true. Hire someone with numerous wage garnishments and there is a very slim chance they'll stay once all the garnishments go into effect. It's sad, for both the employee and the folks they owe!!!
    Yup

Not to mention all the nuisance bill-collection calls that the office staff has to deal with....

Obviously, statistics show, that people with money-management issues are higher-risk employees.

Moan and groan and bi+ch all you want.....numbers is numbers....and after all, that's what business is about, yes?
    Technical incompetence is NOT a sales tool....

Quote Originally Posted by sprmktrefertech View Post
    I wonder how many people get the job that don't sign the consent form
    I'd guess that number to be pretty close to ZERO....

I would ask a potential employer as to the reason why they want to run a credit inquiry. i recently shopped around for car insurance pricing & a few places wanted to to run my credit. I asked for ballpark figures without it & the typical difference with a score similar to mine. The providers with the best quotes ironically didn't want to dig that deep into my life.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by John Markl View Post
    Yup

Not to mention all the nuisance bill-collection calls that the office staff has to deal with....

Obviously, statistics show, that people with money-management issues are higher-risk employees.

Moan and groan and bi+ch all you want.....numbers is numbers....and after all, that's what business is about, yes?
    Is that fair to say though? Can you tell whether someone is good at managing their money based on a credit score? My score used to be in the 780s a while back. I checked it earlier this year and its almost below 600. I searched as to why this happened and apparently its because I haven't used any of my credit cards in a long time and I guess its going to continue to drop the longer this happens. I'm debt free and have no money issues, so I really don't see what my score is going to do for a potential employer.

My teacher talked about how his dad doesn't even have any credit history. What would an employer say in a case like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Jigjoe View Post
    Is that fair to say though? Can you tell whether someone is good at managing their money based on a credit score? My score used to be in the 780s a while back. I checked it earlier this year and its almost below 600. I searched as to why this happened and apparently its because I haven't used any of my credit cards in a long time and I guess its going to continue to drop the longer this happens. I'm debt free and have no money issues, so I really don't see what my score is going to do for a potential employer.

My teacher talked about how his dad doesn't even have any credit history. What would an employer say in a case like that?
    We can argue this all day long, but the fact remains...we live in a world of metrics and statistical analysis.....and, while there may be exceptions to the rule, they are indeed, exceptions.

Every man now in prison is innocent.....just ask him....

Quote Originally Posted by Jigjoe View Post

EXACTLY Well said...

I had a 720 and dropped to 620...I no longer use credit cards, I pay cash, or I don't buy it. I don't owe anybody anything....

I would rather a guy like that any day of the week...as they are not over extended....

The numbers are the numbers, good credit is a sign of quality hvac/r techs.
    Last edited by sprmktrefertech; 07-20-2012 at 10:57 AM. Reason: corrected

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast