trane tcont802as32da

Confused trane tcont802as32da

I have two new 802's and they dont operate right. When I lower the set temp the room temp goes up on the display, so the unit just runs and runs and can never lower the room on the display, althought the air and room is obviously at the lower temp I wanted and then some. Since both do the same thing I believe I have an install problem.

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Started a new thread for you.
    ok.

Adding a link to the problem. Video of the thermostat going up after I ask for a lower temp. It never reaches its new room temp and just runs and runs.

Quote Originally Posted by jmbaker3 View Post
    ok.

Adding a link to the problem. Video of the thermostat going up after I ask for a lower temp. It never reaches its new room temp and just runs and runs.
    Check the Tstat periodically without the system running and monitor if temperature changes.

Here is what might be happening, When the system comes on and there is air leakage in unconditioned space, warm air can be drawn or pushed through the wall cavity where the thermostat is located causing the Tstat to read the hot air passing over it. Sealing the cavity behind the Tsat where the wire penetrates the wall will help.

Quote Originally Posted by second opinion View Post
    Check the Tstat periodically without the system running and monitor if temperature changes.

Here is what might be happening, When the system comes on and there is air leakage in unconditioned space, warm air can be drawn or pushed through the wall cavity where the thermostat is located causing the Tstat to read the hot air passing over it. Sealing the cavity behind the Tsat where the wire penetrates the wall will help.
    Thanks.
    The wall is sealed behind the unit and it has been tested while the system is off. There are two of these in the house, both installed same time, same crew and both are reacting the same way.