Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: freon warranty?

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcrj View Post
    Some 10 p&l warranties provide refrigerant allowances.
    Yeah, the AS/Trane extended warranty gives an allowance that is basically just cost.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    Yeah, the AS/Trane extended warranty gives an allowance that is basically just cost.
    Better than nothing.

Freon is a branded trademarked name owned by duPont. It's not coolant or any other stupid a$$ misconception of anything other than it is a refrigerant that transfers heat. It is r-22, or 410a or whatever you are working with. Sorry I had to recover a 1/2 lb of an overcharged system today and they asked me to put it in their car!

sorry just venting. Just had a 6 ton rooftop with a bad factory braze joint. Supposedly they are paying for the 410. Will have to wait and see that one

Quote Originally Posted by ICanHas View Post
    That's why it says "warranty void if seal is broken". That's obviously because there's no way to know if you used it or it leaked.

Weigh them before you pull the wrapper. If its not giving you about 35 lbs gross, send them back. If yours still have the wrapper, still send it back.

If the valve won't seat right and you've already opened it, you could try attaching a low loss fitting with the ball valve on the cylinder side and storing it back seated.

Check leak at the stem after you backseat it.
    I havent opened the seal yet, it's a new jug well was, so the manf will refund me?? I know the supplier is gonna go ya whatever

Quote Originally Posted by hvacmike85 View Post
    I havent opened the seal yet, it's a new jug well was, so the manf will refund me?? I know the supplier is gonna go ya whatever
    What's the brand?
    If supply house won't make it right, do us a favor and tell us who it is.

I wouldn't ask for a refund, but insist on a replacement, especially if you bought it before this January. Don't let 'em talk their way into refunding you last year's price.
    This is not a can of beer. So, don't let them give you some bunk about 3 month shelf life or whatever.

Whatever you do, don't remove the seal. It's obviously manufacturing defect. Probably a bad molding on plastic or burr on mating surface on the valve didn't seal up right and vented out. Seal defect happens from time to time.

I've got an R12's can 12oz size in immaculate condition. Well, its unopened but totally flat. Manufacturing defect in seal.

Call, get their name and all that.

Appeal to authority.
    "Hi supply house, I talked to manufacturer and spoke to so and so and they suggest I take it back to my supply house".

Unless its a 30 year old cylinder that doesn't even have "its bad for the ozone layer blahb lah blah" warning, they should take care of you.

It says dynatemp on the box with a polarbear. The prob is I don't remember where I bought it and it may have been two summers ago but still I have hope I will contact the manf and let u guys know

only time freon is covered under warranty is if it relates to the issue at hand.....like coils or compressors ect......

Quote Originally Posted by hvacmike85 View Post
    It says dynatemp on the box with a polarbear. The prob is I don't remember where I bought it and it may have been two summers ago but still I have hope I will contact the manf and let u guys know
    Dynatemp's warranty is generally 2 years from date of filling. Each cylinder has a date code on it.

Quote Originally Posted by ICanHas View Post
    That's why it says "warranty void if seal is broken". That's obviously because there's no way to know if you used it or it leaked.

Weigh them before you pull the wrapper. If its not giving you about 35 lbs gross, send them back. If yours still have the wrapper, still send it back.

If the valve won't seat right and you've already opened it, you could try attaching a low loss fitting with the ball valve on the cylinder side and storing it back seated.

Check leak at the stem after you backseat it.
    He is talking about after a repair on a system still in warranty, not a new jug of refrigerant.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Only had a manufacturers cover the refrigerant if the unit had no charge left in it when it came from the factory.
    I had a unit come from the factory flat just one time, and it was about 5 years ago, and I got a full jug of 22 from the distributor, the mfg. really have the best of both worlds now, they can still sell dry units, and are not responsible for any 22 since the 22 units are shipped dry.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Agreed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12