Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: freon warranty?

freon warranty?

Has anyone got any suppliers to replace freon under warranty? They told me ( bryant dealer) that I have to reuse it, I never thought of a compressor problem, Im not chanceing it on some circumstances. I think its kinda bull I gotta fix their dang unit and hassle with the freon and pay to have a clean jug which I usually dont have

i've never even heard of a freon warranty. once the seal gets broke on the jug that's it

Your asking about a manufacture paying for new refrigerant during a warranty repair right?

jim
    Common sense isn't very common anymore.

Haven't heard of it but you'd think if it comes in a condenser, it would be covered.

Like in the case of a burnt compressor?
    "I've got my Gas Mechanics license"
    "Yea, well my 16yr old daughter has her drivers license, doesn't mean she knows how to drive"

Only had a manufacturers cover the refrigerant if the unit had no charge left in it when it came from the factory.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

I replaced a warranatied evap. coil a received a refrigerant allowance for 4lbs.

First time for me.

Some 10 p&l warranties provide refrigerant allowances.

Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post
    Haven't heard of it but you'd think if it comes in a condenser, it would be covered.

Like in the case of a burnt compressor?
    exactly

Quote Originally Posted by jim147 View Post
    Your asking about a manufacture paying for new refrigerant during a warranty repair right?

jim
    yes

Quote Originally Posted by clifpaul View Post
    i've never even heard of a freon warranty. once the seal gets broke on the jug that's it
    well I mean on a new condenser,, but that reminds me, I have a jug of 22 in my garage that has never ben cracked and it is empty as can be????? dont know how it happened I guess pressure the otheres sitting next to it didnt leak??? any thoughts of replacing it?

I've had condenser leaks develop at the factory braze connections on the header and never got a refrigerant allowance. Got new coil but no refrigerant. Complained but did no good.

Quote Originally Posted by hvacmike85 View Post
    well I mean on a new condenser,, but that reminds me, I have a jug of 22 in my garage that has never ben cracked and it is empty as can be????? dont know how it happened I guess pressure the otheres sitting next to it didnt leak??? any thoughts of replacing it?
    That's why it says "warranty void if seal is broken". That's obviously because there's no way to know if you used it or it leaked.

Weigh them before you pull the wrapper. If its not giving you about 35 lbs gross, send them back. If yours still have the wrapper, still send it back.

If the valve won't seat right and you've already opened it, you could try attaching a low loss fitting with the ball valve on the cylinder side and storing it back seated.

Check leak at the stem after you backseat it.

I was informed freon is not a part so no warranty on it. Have gotten credit when a unit was leaking right out of the box but nothing besides that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast