Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    I hate those Carriers with the condenser side lower than the evaporator side. The locally owned Union shop I was working for sent the Foreman and an Apprentice, who by the way knows nothing about HVACR, after I let them know about the restriction on two units. All they did was double the nameplate charge!

On jobs like this I've always found that thermite grenades can be very handy. Oh right, never mind.

Six Very good slide show of how to correctly resolve the replacement of the header. I have never ran into this problem before, It's new to me. Thank you for the help.
    Lance

I see no pics in post, but on preview?

Sent from my van

Quote Originally Posted by Danielandersen2 View Post
    I see no pics in post, but on preview?

Sent from my van

Hmmm...just pull up the thread from your Lap top or desk top PC and they should pop up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lance Gunn View Post
    Six Very good slide show of how to correctly resolve the replacement of the header. I have never ran into this problem before, It's new to me. Thank you for the help.
    Lance

No Problem.

I still run into local Technicians in town who struggle with this issue from time to time.

Most of the time they're trying to retro-fit with a TXV instead of going back with the factory part.

When I ask them why they're not going back with the factory header they usually tell me it's easier and cheaper to retro-fit a TXV into the unit but that's just not correct.

Replacing the factory header is a two hour job for a guy that's done it a couple of times and maybe a half a day for a tech who's doing his first one.

And it's a professional looking repair.

For the guys who like to retrofit a TXV into these units, how do you size the Nozzle orifice for the distributor ?

Are you buying a universal distributor assembly with a orifice or are you even using a nozzle ?

Because the last time I saw one of the TXV repairs it just had a bundle of 1/4 copper sweated straight into the discharge opening of the TXV with no nozzle assembly.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan1088 View Post
    Good stuff here guys. There is one problem unit we have that other people have put multiple compressors in that need just this done to it. Good work six. You look too young to be doing this stuff that long?!?

I was 43 years Old when I started this thread, so I'm a bit older now.

I don't look it but hey what can I say.

I started doing Commercial and Industrial HVAC 20 years ago and I'm still here.

I had a similar problems with a York 5 ton. The owner told me that was running a little bit bad 3 weeks ago but the las 2 day it was not working. When I checked I was a leek in the ..Cap nozzle. With a TXV..

Like I know is difficult to brazing on it, probably get clogget. So I recycling the gas an put 5 psig of nitrogen to minimizing the carbon particles and change the dryer.... But when I charging I notice that 3 of the 8 cap gas no freezing with low charging when I done that caps was not working. Thinking that the silver clog it. I order a new cap. Nozzle.

The worse part.

When I come back to install it turn on the machine and the cap are working so good.. All of them.... I guess that was a peace of oil burnet that clogged it and the go away so. I pay 150 DLLs for the nozzler

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567