Carrier Fixed Orifice Header Replacement - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    they never want to spend the dough on a new unit. but after all repairs are done it costs about the same. they will never learn

Quote Originally Posted by KB Cool View Post
    What a nightmare!!!Sounds like your customer would have been better off replacing the unit!!! But, tell them to buy a Goodman instead!!!
    Hindsight is 20/20. My boss was good warrantied all work so far except this header issue, it has been a pain in the ass.

My boss got smart and gave them a high price on fixing it so maybe they will call someone else lol, damn job is an hour drive one way.

Quote Originally Posted by Joehvac25 View Post
    My boss got smart and gave them a high price on fixing it so maybe they will call someone else lol, damn job is an hour drive one way.
    I had to fix a leak on one today! Ended up replacing a portion of the discharge pipe coming out of the compressor due to it being cracked. I was relieved after i fired it up and suction line was cold and sweat'n. Those units and the Trane voyagers scare me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gravity View Post
    they never want to spend the dough on a new unit. but after all repairs are done it costs about the same. they will never learn
    Yeah, got a 15 ton voyager. Circuit #2 is tripping on high head after 30 seconds of runtime. Circuit#1 is running 350 head 60 suction.SH 55 I popped the top and split coil is impacted with Sh!t. But, outside is clean as a whistle. My guess is circuit#1 done cooked it's oil, and dryer or checkvalve screen is now sludged! They didn't want to do anything to it. Because, they just paid to get the carrier fixed!!! It's one of those places that rents retail space just for the Holidays. Starting with halloween!!! All i wanted was $$$ to clean the coil and go from there!!!!Nope!! Building is cool enough for now. HAhahaha

yup.. go ahead and mark down you'll need 2 compressors, 1 case of blue nu calgon coil cleaner, coil gun, 2 txv, 2 bottles nitro, and 2 properly sized filter driers.

yup.. go ahead and mark down you'll need 2 compressors, 1 case of blue nu calgon coil cleaner, coil gun, 2 txv, 2 bottles nitro, and 2 properly sized filter driers.
    It don't have TXV's. It has cap tubes feeding each individual evap curcuit. Another genius Trane design!!!!

yes, but with those coils being clogged, the pressures you gave me, and that superheat, im going to assume your filter drier is clogged and so is the orifice header. this is why i suggest the txv. trane has a txv retrofit kit.

yes, but with those coils being clogged, the pressures you gave me, and that superheat, im going to assume your filter drier is clogged and so is the orifice header. this is why i suggest the txv. trane has a txv retrofit kit.
    It's not the orifice header design. It's cap tube all the way! I wish i would have got the model number!!!! But, yeah!! I get what your saying now!!!

oh. gotcha. what size are the cap tubes? you might be ok. id still rather have a txv though.

also add 2 bottles of acid away and 2 replaceable core type suction driers to the list.

it wont be long before those motors are burnt

oh. gotcha. what size are the cap tubes? you might be ok. id still rather have a txv though.

also add 2 bottles of acid away and 2 replaceable core type suction driers to the list.

it wont be long before those motors are burnt
    Well, compressor 2 is probally safe since i pulled the spade apart on the HP switch and left it disconnected!!Wouldn't run anyways!! Number one is doomed!!!! Unless we get a cool down quick!!! But, more likely that won't be until middle October!!!

oh. gotcha. what size are the cap tubes?
    I don't know. But, they are alot bigger than the ones you always find clogged on 134a reach ins. I've worked on quite a few of these mexican built el Tranos and it's always the dryer that end up clogged!!!

I pulled a tiny factory dryer, must have been a 032 out of 5 ton circuit a few weeks ago. Clogged!!!! WHat the Hell was designer thinking? Lol

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast