Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 27 to 39 of 86
  1. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Paper Street Soap Company
    Posts
    2,304
    Quote Originally Posted by boilerman856 View Post
    Six one of my 50TJ 024 has a plugged orifice manifold and Carrier only supplies it in a txv retrofit kit. Have you ever done one of those? Do you know if it is possible to get the Acutrol pistons out?

    Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    I haven't retroed a TXV into one of them yet.

    Seems easy enough and Ive always wanted to try it.

    I'm guessing it would include the distributor and every thing as one assembly.

    Just unsweat the old orifices out and pinch down on the tubes around the distributor and use light heat to sweat them in.

    Even if you could just replace one or remove one you have to demo the thing to get it out.

  2. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Toronto Canada
    Posts
    1,090
    Quote Originally Posted by Six View Post
    Kline diagonal cutters.

    Wire cutters basically. You can also chop them with tin snips too.
    AHH side cutters Got cha,

  3. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Bristol NH
    Posts
    229
    Quote Originally Posted by Six View Post
    I haven't retroed a TXV into one of them yet.

    Seems easy enough and Ive always wanted to try it.

    I'm guessing it would include the distributor and every thing as one assembly.

    Just unsweat the old orifices out and pinch down on the tubes around the distributor and use light heat to sweat them in.

    Even if you could just replace one or remove one you have to demo the thing to get it out.
    OK so the orifices are in the header and not the coil? My carrier distributor tech service thought it was the other way around. That should be much better. Thanks

    Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

  4. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Posts
    40
    I've replaced more headers on Trane voyagers than the Carrier 50HJs. 3 to 4 of orifices plug up. Either way it's the same procedure Six posted pictures of. Just take your time and don't let it get to you or else it will get the best of you haha

  5. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Paper Street Soap Company
    Posts
    2,304
    Quote Originally Posted by hipsterdaddyo View Post
    I've replaced more headers on Trane voyagers than the Carrier 50HJs. 3 to 4 of orifices plug up. Either way it's the same procedure Six posted pictures of. Just take your time and don't let it get to you or else it will get the best of you haha
    Good advice, take your time.

    The Tranes are easier IMO because they're more accesible.

  6. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Paper Street Soap Company
    Posts
    2,304
    Quote Originally Posted by boilerman856 View Post
    OK so the orifices are in the header and not the coil? My carrier distributor tech service thought it was the other way around. That should be much better. Thanks

    Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    Yes you want to cut just on the other side of the orifice

    I'm thinking about doing another photo-docu thread on a 06D replacement this Saturday.

  7. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Bristol NH
    Posts
    229
    Quote Originally Posted by Six View Post
    Yes you want to cut just on the other side of the orifice

    I'm thinking about doing another photo-docu thread on a 06D replacement this Saturday.
    Thanks guys for the info makes it easier for the first one.
    Also six I will look forward to the o6D swap. I am doing one next week on a 50tj028 but also changing the condenser so it is a lot easier to plant that green booger in there.
    How do you get the semi hermetics up on the studs? I have a jig made from a roller table and can do it alone but I am sore the next day...

    Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

  8. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Paper Street Soap Company
    Posts
    2,304
    I have a few data centers loaded with Lieberts. About 120 in all 30 ton.

    So we use a A-Frame with a chain fall and beam to sling it in on the studs. The actual swap once everythig is disconnected and clear takes about 10 minutes

  9. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Bristol NH
    Posts
    229
    [QUOTE=Six;13830601]I have a few data centers loaded with Lieberts. About 120 in all 30 ton.

    So we use a A-Frame with a chain fall and beam to sling it in on the studs. The actual swap once everythig is disconnected and clear takes about 10 minutes[/QUOTE

    So do you take the fan deck off?
    Do you have a picture? I'd like to see that setup. Sounds slick.
    Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

  10. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Bucks County, Penna
    Posts
    181
    I only clicked on this thread because of the word Orifice.

  11. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Paper Street Soap Company
    Posts
    2,304
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmondEyes View Post
    I only clicked on this thread because of the word Orifice.
    It's why I started it. Pics and all.

  12. #38
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    SW MO.
    Posts
    5,212
    Quote Originally Posted by KB Cool View Post
    What drier? Carrier don't know what a dryer is! They like too sell headers or maybe it's just planned obsolence. The strainer goes first and then the header.
    From my avatar you can clearly see 2 factory installed lld.

    Discipline your child so that other parents don't have to.

    We're awl pawthetic and kweepy and can't get giwrls. That's why we fight wobots.

  13. #39
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Bristol NH
    Posts
    229
    Well here it is 18 year old fixed orifice rtu converted to txv per Carrier. Not nearly as bad as I thought kind of fun actually.

    Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event