Thread: Latest install

Post Likes

Latest install

Just a basic 14 seer heat pump, with ECM air handler, with 10kw element. The homeowner is an electrician, and ran all the high voltage. Don't like how he used indoor romex going to the outdoor disconnect but his house. Aux. Drain pan with float switch. Did best I could with the lineset with limited space in closet.

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1436567584481.jpg
Views: 588
Size:  89.1 KBName:  uploadfromtaptalk1436567607046.jpg
Views: 571
Size:  52.1 KB

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I can't imagine that exposed Romex going into the bottom of the disconnect would pass a code inspection in any county. You say he's an electrician? Scarry. Duct work looks beautiful.

Post Likes
    Yeah definitely not up to code. But this is southern indiana and there is no inspection in this county unless it's new construction, and even then it would probably pass. Sad but true.

Post Likes
    The outbound of your condensate trap looks to be higher than your inlet of the trap(outlet of air handler going into the trap.) or maybe it's the angle of the picture. I'm kind of dizzy. I had to stand on my head to make out the picture

5. Likes johoff34 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    You always seem to mount units on their sides. At least the Ahu will drain with the pvc pointing straight down...

Trap is wrong though. It looks more for a high static positive pressure coil.
    "If history repeats itself I am so getting a dinosaur"

Post Likes
    In Florida a mechanical closet can have exposed romex if it's only used for mechanical. Or an attic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Ya I'm in Jefferson county, see that wiring quite often

Sent from my LGL39C using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyac1 View Post
    The outbound of your condensate trap looks to be higher than your inlet of the trap(outlet of air handler going into the trap.) or maybe it's the angle of the picture. I'm kind of dizzy. I had to stand on my head to make out the picture
    Thanks for pointing that out, it does look like that in the pic. I have to go back so I'll take a look at that while I'm there.

Post Likes
    Damn I wish I could do ductwork that nice.
    I havent failed. Ive just found 10,000 ways that wont work. - Thomas Edison

Its not whether you get knocked down, its whether you get up. - Vince Lombardi

Post Likes
    Honestly I have to say it does look nice. I don't do any metal ductwork. So I can't dis that part. But for me it looks pretty good. The only thing is the Romex wiring I don't like. But you've already stated the home owner did the electrical so that's not your fault

Post Likes
    The metalwork looks good. Not a fan of the line set it looks sloppy to me no straps not level just kind of hanging there.
    UA Proud
    The higher your post count the more you know

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by buttwheat View Post
    The metalwork looks good. Not a fan of the line set it looks sloppy to me no straps not level just kind of hanging there.
    Yeah I agree not my best lineset. It is supported, you can't see it in the picture but it 90's 3 feet in front of the air handler and is supported there. It was a tight closet with quite a bit of line set and 6 90's to get it out the wall, just a lot to bend and make look nice without spending to much time on it.

Post Likes
    I thought drain line traps were, 4" down and 2" up, not 4 down and 4 up.
    "If you cant describe what you are doing as a process, you dont know what you are doing." ~ W. Edwards Deming

All those who wander..are not lost.

Do NOT..mistake my kindness for weakness.

The early bird may get the worm..but the second mouse gets the cheese.