+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Commercial Refrigeration C of Q questions?

Post Likes

Commercial Refrigeration C of Q questions?

Hi All
    Could someone help me to get sample questions and answers to prepare my C of Q 313A Refrigeration exam. I have already failed 3 times with my best score beeing 65%. I am very discouraged as I don't know what to do more. I have read the whole Modern Refrigeration book , but still.....
    Please advise.
    Carlos

Post Likes
    Well. if you took the tes 3 times already and you still dont remember the questions you got other issues.
    When people take the cfq test, their college prepared them like when im going to be writing my test in the next year or so my teacher told me that for the last 2-3 weeks left of school they review the whole test for you so you will be prepared to write the test in the following week.

Umm another question. did you do your levels? or are you just writing the test because you can? reading books wont help you get prepared for the test. pratical experience will get you more knowledge! i guess good luck sounds like you are not prepared.

And i thought after the 2nd fail. Doesnt the apprenticeship board contact you and ask you questions on why you keep on failing? might be a hint to go back to school or work. which ever is the case
    Get er Done!

Do what has to be done
    when it has to be done
    as well as it has to be done
    And doing it all the time.

Post Likes
    Hi
    I was not trained in canada and never worked in canada neither; But after assessing my qualifications and work experience , the consultant told me that I needed no further training to challenge the interprovincial 313A C of Q . I think my problem is that I dont really have some kind of study material and I therfore just rely on my modern refrigeration book. Please How can I get some sample questions that I can use to study?
    Thanks

Post Likes
    sorry buddy but i think the person that told you that was not really caring .
    I personally would take the advance course over again at a good college ie Toronto Ontario Canada George Brown College 2 month course. or Mohawk in Hamliton. and not these small little colleges that promise you the world! Schools like George Brown or Mohawk care about the trade and will teach you well and train you on how study and not just pass but fully understand the trade! good luck

A lot of the info i was taught in school was not even in the book but it came as a first hand experience from the teachers. Books cant teach you everything. i will get back to you on some questions that may be on the test. but i gotta find it.
    Get er Done!

Do what has to be done
    when it has to be done

Post Likes
    Do you know any good HVAC school in otawa?
    thanks

Post Likes
    Moved to Tech to Tech forum.

Post Likes

Post Likes
    check out this college and see if you can get in thru the apprenticeship and get yourself in and go and take the Advance level apprenticeship program.

check out this college ALGONQUIN COLLEGE its a name that i recongize. try them.
    Get er Done!

Do what has to be done
    when it has to be done

Post Likes
    sorry buddy but i think hi mark is BS. these are the schools you gotta watch out for. Plus having ALGONQUIN COLLEGE in your resume will look good.

Well. i have only delt with George Brown College i wouldnt want to go anywhere else for my learning. Hi mark would be not my top 5 choices! but thats just me
    Get er Done!

Do what has to be done
    when it has to be done

Post Likes
    Hi,
    Please where can I buy the 7th edition of the book ''Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Technology'' by WHITMAN and SIBERSTEIN ?
    Thanks

Post Likes

Post Likes
    What other schools would you suggest other than HiMark, I am currently looking at them?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pacajo View Post
    Hi
    I was not trained in canada and never worked in canada neither; But after assessing my qualifications and work experience , the consultant told me that I needed no further training to challenge the interprovincial 313A C of Q . I think my problem is that I dont really have some kind of study material and I therfore just rely on my modern refrigeration book. Please How can I get some sample questions that I can use to study?
    Thanks
    What country ?

Post Likes
    I took basic at Algonquin College probably 8 years ago because the ministry had accidentally applied me at that school instead of Mohawk. I found it to be a very disappointing course. When I went to Mohawk for intermediate it was pretty clear that I was not taught near the amount of information that the Mohawk basic course had offered. I would stay away from Algonquin unless there course has improved in recent years.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in