Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Your heat strips are coming on. Could be that they are always on, even when it's cooling. As I said before, there's not much to those furnaces and should be extremely easy to troubleshoot. Did the handyman call a real ac company or is it a guy that works solely for the mobile home installer? I'd suggest calling a reputable hvac company on your own. It's costing you plenty...possibly as much as it would have cost to have it fixed properly by a competent tech in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by ar_hvac_man View Post
    Your heat strips are coming on. Could be that they are always on, even when it's cooling. As I said before, there's not much to those furnaces and should be extremely easy to troubleshoot. Did the handyman call a real ac company or is it a guy that works solely for the mobile home installer? I'd suggest calling a reputable hvac company on your own. It's costing you plenty...possibly as much as it would have cost to have it fixed properly by a competent tech in the first place.
    It is an independent HVAC company doing the work. The guy showed up this afternoon and replace the wire going from the thermostat to the indoor unit. He said if that doesn't work the only thing left to do is rewire the entire house. The mobile home installer has paid for everything so far and say they will continue to pay for it until the problem is corrected. I don't know what all these service calls have cost so far, but I don't even want to imagine it.

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherBW View Post
    It is an independent HVAC company doing the work. The guy showed up this afternoon and replace the wire going from the thermostat to the indoor unit. He said if that doesn't work the only thing left to do is rewire the entire house. The mobile home installer has paid for everything so far and say they will continue to pay for it until the problem is corrected. I don't know what all these service calls have cost so far, but I don't even want to imagine it.
    From his response "hope it works " or rewire the whole house tells me you need a different set of eyes on this one.

Rather than trying to duplicate your problem just rewire?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12