Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Honeywell AC blowing warm air randomly

I just bought a modular home in April and it came with a Honeywell thermostat. At increasingly frequent intervals, warm air will start blowing out of the vents and it smells like the furnace is on. It will run for 15-20 minutes and heats the house up by at least 5 degrees. It will occasionally stop if I turn off the unit, but sometimes it starts blowing hot air as soon as I turn it back on again. There doesn't seem to be a set pattern to when it happens. It can happen anytime day or night. Sometimes it is right as the AC turns off and then it will heat up enough for the AC to need to turn back on. The general handy man from the company who built the home is sending out an HVAC guy tomorrow because he cannot figure it out. Any ideas as to what he will tell me? Thank you so much!

Sounds like the honeywell is messing up and indeed bringing on the heat strips you did not install the thermostat did you,anyway you need a service tech to check it .

No, it was installed by the housing company. Do you think it will be something they can fix the same day? It's getting a little ridiculous.

Is it a brand new house

What kind of Honeywell Thermostat? Is it a touch screen thermostat?

It is a house that was displayed on their site for 3 years, but was never hooked to electricity.
    The thermostat is a very basic model with four buttons. I'm not sure of the model number though.

hmm okay. thanks for replying.

It could be abad wire ,bad thermostat ,or broken furnace .hard to say a good tech should be able to find the problem

OK, thanks guys!

Do you know if it is an electric air handler, or gas furnace?

electric

Should be a quick, easy fix. Theres not alot to those electric furnaces. Any competent company should have the parts on their truck.

Confused Still happening

The A/C guys have been out three separate times with three separate "fixes" and the issue is still happening. They were supposed to come out again today, but it's in 9pm and no sign of them. Here is what they have done: Changed computer board, changed thermostat, and tightened loose wires beneath the new thermostat. The heat is still coming on at least once a day after the A/C cycles off. It's only a matter of 15 seconds before the furnace kicks on after the A/C kicks off. The thermostat still says COOL when this happens and the outside unit is not running. The coils get warm inside. You can smell the new furnace smell when it comes on and it gets pretty toasty too. It goes up as much as 6 degrees before the A/C kicks back on to cool it off. It then goes through the cycle repeatedly until you turn the thermostat off for several minutes. What is going on? How much is it costing me to cool and heat then cool and heat my home repeatedly everyday?

This is getting very annoying and expensive. Please help!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast