Refrigerant Loss

I had a tech out to my house today because the condenser fan wasn't running. Turned out that the fans capicator needed to be replaced. The tech also checked the refrigerant charge after replacing the capicator, it was within the acceptable range. When disconnecting his hoses, he somehow allowed the line, not hose set, to discharge for a few seconds, possible 5 seconds. When I asked him about it, he stated that is why they don't check the charge very often. I know that the discharge was a mistake, the explaination a cover-up, but do I have a reason to be concerned that I am now low on refrigerant? Should I just wait and see if the house cools?

Quote Originally Posted by Nugentpht View Post
    I had a tech out to my house today because the condenser fan wasn't running. Turned out that the fans capicator needed to be replaced. The tech also checked the refrigerant charge after replacing the capicator, it was within the acceptable range. When disconnecting his hoses, he somehow allowed the line, not hose set, to discharge for a few seconds, possible 5 seconds. When I asked him about it, he stated that is why they don't check the charge very often. I know that the discharge was a mistake, the explaination a cover-up, but do I have a reason to be concerned that I am now low on refrigerant? Should I just wait and see if the house cools?
    You should not notice,it would be a miniscule amount.

Was the lose from the red hose or the blue hose ?
    Have you had the equipment tuned-up lately ?
    I would suspect it's a none issue.
    luck dan

I see a lot of over-charged systems.
    You should be just perfect now.
    "Hey Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort." And he says, "there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice. - Carl Spackler