What's "the right blower motor"?

I don't know how well y'all can see this, but that is a fan rotor sticking through the panel of an AHU.

Now, if I'd found this on a roof or in an attic out in the boonies, then yeah, maybe I'd let it slide. But this is downtown, two miles from three separate supply houses. I would love to meet the maintenance dude who did this, just to see the look of pride on his face.
    "Every mathematician knows it is impossible to understand an elementary course in thermodynamics."

-V.I. Arnold

i see this more often than not from building engineers. they seem to think that it's easier to use a step drill to make a hole than to cut a shaft down on a motor.
    Experience
    Is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

A positive attidude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worthwhile.

Even a hole saw or step drill would have been preferable to this, but it looks like he just hit it with a punch or maybe just a screwdriver.

I know sometimes a lot of these guys have to cut corners, but it at least could have been done in a safer way. I have an old work buddy who lost the use of his right thumb and forefinger because of something very similar to this.
    "Every mathematician knows it is impossible to understand an elementary course in thermodynamics."

-V.I. Arnold

Hey, it was Friday...........Leaving for the lake tonite.......
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

Midnight Sun Astrophotography

He could have trimmed off the shaft some...

i havent had to deal with putting the wrong size motors in equipment usually if a motor has failed i can get the exct replacement. Is this just a case of using whatever was on the truck that day?

im surprised that "e-z flow" filter is not sucked into the blower wheel... Those things are horrible,.. That shaft would have taken that tech 1 minute to cut by hand... Lazy!!