Based on my previous post:

Previous post about condensate pumps

I have decided (with the help from my fellow posters) to install a condensate pump on a mini-split that will go into a home theater I am buidling in my basement.

Several companies make the micro type pumps especially designed for mini-splits. Some examples:

Beckett pump

Little Giant pump

It looks like these units come in two pieces. A small pickup unit fits in the back of the mini-split and attaches to the drain. A hose connect this to the actually small pump that is located elsewhere.

Can the actual pump be located several feet from the mini-split? The reason I ask is I would like to locate the pump portion outside my theater room to cut down on noise.

What are the pros and cons of these micro units as opposed to a standard condensate pump with a reservoir and float?

Thanks
    Dave

[Edited by hendersond on 08-15-2006 at 10:05 PM]

I've never used anything other than the regular kind of pump.

The pump itself can be located as far away as you'd like, just as long as you can make the unit drain into the pump (either hard pipe it with PVC, vinyl tubing or what ever).
    "If you call that hard work, a koala’s life would look heroic."

Discuss it with your contractor. They will be able to recomend the proper pump for your application after seeing your specific situation.