Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 410 vs 22

Originally posted by ambarton
    some of the coils we have to do this and some not. most times they send a txv that is a bolt on and a unit that is not and sometimes the other way around. Affinity is still a good piece of equipment. i'll give it a whirl on the nitrogen and use it on my next install. Tried to sell the builder on 2 Affinity 8T's and making a 4 stage cooling 6 stage heating, kinda like the soon to come modulating gas furnaces except with a heat pump.
    That would be interesting trying to get the indoor blowers to run at the same speed. You would need to add a relay system.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

it's just a different refrigerant, there are many from the past and many more to come.

Thanks for all the input. We already use nitrogen and a micron gauge. We have not installed any yet, but have worked on several. They have left a bad taste. One had leaks in the accumulator. The same repair on a R-22 system would have cost the customer less money, which means we would have made less money. Maybe I need to start using now instead of waiting till I am forced to use.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Originally posted by ambarton
    some of the coils we have to do this and some not. most times they send a txv that is a bolt on and a unit that is not and sometimes the other way around. Affinity is still a good piece of equipment. i'll give it a whirl on the nitrogen and use it on my next install. Tried to sell the builder on 2 Affinity 8T's and making a 4 stage cooling 6 stage heating, kinda like the soon to come modulating gas furnaces except with a heat pump.

4 stage cooling and 6 stage heat?Planning to run them on one duct system?

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Originally posted by iheatncoolinnc
    Thanks for all the input. We already use nitrogen and a micron gauge. We have not installed any yet, but have worked on several. They have left a bad taste. One had leaks in the accumulator. The same repair on a R-22 system would have cost the customer less money, which means we would have made less money. Maybe I need to start using now instead of waiting till I am forced to use.

check here;

http://www.410a.com

for more info..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12