Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

TEC losing control address

had a few TECs loose their control address several times the last few months. at first i was thinking this was due to some of the operators accidently commanding the address instead of setpoints. i usually just goto the box, hook up with the laptop and change the address back so insight recognizes the VAV. wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them. its a quick fix to re-address the box but i would like to know why it keeps happening. thanks

Does it go back to it's default of 0? How about the application is that changing?

neither loses its application. one goes to 70 (like someone messed up in global commander trying to change a setpoint) and the other has gone back to 0. I know that the one that has gone to 70 is not operator error due to it happening several times and only people who (i hope they know what their doing) have access to global commander.

You cannot change the address or app from Insight. I can understand maybe a bad TEC loosing its address and defaulting to zero, but I couldn't tell you why it would change to 70. Do you have any job stock TECs you could swap out to verify its nothing funky going on with the network?

BACnet you can change the address(subpoint#1) through global commander. I know someone had changed the one once on accident. then i had to goto the room sensor and plug into the TEC to change it back to its correct address. I have one spare TEC that was given to me from siemens while they were on site. it would definitely be worth the test to see. as long as the VAV isnt in a hard place like everything else is in the building.

If in fact you can change the address thru global com than I'd have learned something. I thought it faults when commanded.

If the TEC loses power....

Can it loose it's address??
    Life is too short, Behappy!
    TFMM

The address and application are burned into EEPROM memory, that's how insight noes to send the initial values back down to the TEC.

that along with the facility i work in is run on battery backup until generators kick in so i dont ever loose power to devices. i would go along the lines of it being some MS/TP network fluke.

R these BACnet TECs?

Is this Apogee or System 600?

Willy wasn't there something like this with the OOld TEC's?
    My memory is foggy.
    TFMM

Siemens Apogee with BACnet IP. Most FLN devices are MS/TP. The TECs and Field Panels are BACnet.

Quote Originally Posted by BASguy99 View Post
    Siemens Apogee with BACnet IP. Most FLN devices are MS/TP. The TECs and Field Panels are BACnet.
    Then they shouldn't loose their address. I would keep an eye on the logs to see who is messing with ya...
    TFMM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast