Amana AMH8 remorse/delight?

Guys...I hope I'm not breakin the forum rules...I really appreciate all the help,everybody has pretty much been right...the AMH8 CAN run as a 1 stage unit(and yep that's where mine is set)..this is a HUGE relief to me, this winter I can try the 2 stage mode, and if I don't like it, just go back to one stage. Also I found in the owners manual where it said "4 speed fan", but looking at the electrical diagram and also reading the sequence of events for Heating/ cooling, it's obvious that there are 2 heat and 1 cool on this unit...also only the variable speed 2 stages can do the de-humidify function...I actually feel a lot better about this, my old man told me to go with a 1.5 ton AC, will probably find out today how the 2 ton does(93F)...I can't believe how much stronger this unit blows compared to the old (1979 Tappan)...so as far as it being oversized, yeah...I'm worried...tho I do have alot of windows tho and sliding glass door in back. also I think the ducts to my upstairs rooms are little small...BTW guys I am going to have a licensed HVAC guy (that my dad knows) just come and look over the installation...there are a few things I think "aren't right" but I'm not sure...sorry I freaked out so much about this, but lets just say there are "reasons" I'm on SSD, thanks 4 being so kind...my next steps are going to be: 1)buy a port dehumid cold rated for the basement 2) ask that Hvac guy to install a honeywell IAQ to control my humidifier(HE225A)...I HATE fussing with those "outside temp humidity knobs"...so I'm not sure what to do about Andy's Statewide, they didn't really "F" me here, but they did tell some definite "fibs" along the way...It prolly does no good to complain, but I'm very bummed as I thought these guys would "have my back" here...oh I also have to mention the that yesterday I noticed it seemed more humid in the house, and thought the new AC not as good dehum., but then I realized/remembered that the HUMIDIFIER was ON!!! I'm such a retard!!LOL least I know the humidifier works..PEACE and THNKS

AMH8 update

Thanks to the mod....I sat down for 3 hours and recorded the on/off times of the AC the other day...it was 93F out and I had the t-stat set to 76F...the average on time was 8 min...with the AC coming on 3 times an hour...I notice the upstairs is at least a couple degrees warmer, this needs to B balanced out a little...but I think the 2 ton was just the right size for me after all...as for the heat...I figured 1050 SF + 250 SF(.5x500) for the basement,(yes makes sense if it's finished in future) = 1300 SF total...1300 x 50(SE Michigan)= 65,000 BTU...now I do have 2 inside walls, but my other walls have A LOT of windows plus a sliding glass door, so I considered it a wash...the output of the AMH80804 is about 64,000 BTU...this I thought would make it the perfect size here...I'm still learning tho, and I am kinda a retard at times too...I bought a WINIX WDH851, and was quite pleased to use my 20% coupon at bed bath and beyond...Still waiting for my dads HVAC guy to come over, will be interesting to see what he finds(nothing bad I hope)...I already know he thinks I'm oversized too (on the AC at least)...

UPDATE on Amana Remorse/delight

Well guys ... a lot has happened...I basically learned what a J-load was...and realized my system was in fact, grossly over-sized!!...I complained to Home Depot...Andy's eventually came back out and did a J-load calc...they said it was over-sized...so now I picked out a Rheem system to replace the Amana...but I want this ODD dehumidify feature...it looks like I will have to go up to the Rheem prestige series for this...
    so I'm asking for a Rheem RPGE05EBMKR to replace an Amana AMH80804.....
    and a Rheem RAPM-018-JAZ to replace the Amana ASX13024 ....
    So I wonder if it's a wash in price, or if the Rheem system is more expensive, even though it's smaller...I also feel I should get something for my hassle's...but I'm not sure Home Depot agrees...they did say, that the Home Depot "has a policy of putting the most efficient system possible for their customers!"....so I think it will be resolved...but I don't trust the Amana...simply because the people who sold it up to me, were lying about a lot of other things!!
    If anyone can comment on the cost difference between systems, I would appreciate it.
    Peace