+ Reply to Thread

Thread: another quickie

Post Likes

another quickie

spartan nti trinity build running an air handler and an indirect .. spot the glaring error and win a lollipop

please bear in mind i did the near boiler piping only .. the guys that hung the boiler with the business end 6" from the wall also did the zebra striped venting and the manual condesate drain work

Post Likes
    Lwco too low?

Post Likes
    ***bingo*** .. i have no excuse

Post Likes
    Grape please

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by KlRadiant View Post
    spartan nti trinity build running an air handler and an indirect .. spot the glaring error and win a lollipop

please bear in mind i did the near boiler piping only .. the guys that hung the boiler with the business end 6" from the wall also did the zebra striped venting and the manual condesate drain work
    No clamps within 6" of electrical box.

I'm suprised your required to put a LWCO on those. I haven't installed one on a water boiler, ever.

In my jurisdiction, Lochinvar/Triangle tube have a built in LWCO that meets requirements.

I'm having trouble looking at your primary/secondary:
    Are you pumping through the boiler loop, and the pumping from the return of your system look? If so, cool. Just having trouble seeing it.
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

"Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted

Post Likes
    I'm pretty sure it's against code to mix abs and PVC. Those most likely have a internal lwc atleast. I never put one in but just a guess.

Post Likes
    Oh and that damn coupling ABS, can't measure? Sorry I just think couplings make you look bad.

Post Likes
    lwco's make no sense to me either .. these nti's have overheat protection that shuts them down way before the lwco ever trips .. but it's code ..... so

the building inspector at one job i did made me put a neutralizer in the condensate line off an air handler 80 feet from the boiler .. i don't even try and argue anymore, i just smile and say 'yes sir'

the pump at the top pulls off the primary for an indirect tank stashed under some stairs 30 feet away, the return from which is the last thing to go back into the primary before it hits the boiler again .. it's hidden by the boiler

i did put some more clamps on that bx line before i split .. i gotta get a better camera

Post Likes
    venting isn't mine joe .. code up here in frosty canadia allows mixing products on the intake side as far as i know, but i agree it looks like ass

Post Likes
    Ya I knew it wasn't yours, I know it's against plumbing code for sure, I guess I wouldn't do that so dont know. The LWC always messes up the primary loop, I would like to come off the bottom and straight over. If our inspector is hung over he does some stupid stuff. He isn't aloud in a certin county for embezzlement.

Post Likes
    I'm in frosty upper Michigan, pretty close and I bet we have the same accent ha ha

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in