Proto-Consciousness

In the quest for the answer of what happens when we die a Anesthesiologist named Stuart Hammeroff has come up with a theory as to what our consciousness is comprised of and how it relates to the world and the universe around us.

His theory introduces the theory of Quantum Mechanics to explain how our brain works on a molecular level and how we're basically just an infinitesimal part of a collective universal consciousnesses.

Anyone remember the 80s thriller Altered States. I watched that last night and then saw a show this morning on life after death that introduced the theory of quantum consciousnesses as a explanation to peoples accounts of the near death experiences.

Coincidence ?? Hmmmm....

Although the plot of Altered States isn't exactly the same it's along the same lines of addressing the scientific principle of energy and how it cannot be destroyed but only changed.

http://www.quantumconsciousness.org/...ciousness.html

Here's the link and if you're sincerely interested it worth the time.

So basically it states that information stored in our cells in our brain exist in other locations in the universe.

As we die that information is released as energy and since energy can not be destroyed it make a "quantum jump" back to it's paired location.

This explains the feelings of oneness with the universe that people get when they're going through a near death experience.

It could also explain things like Déjà vu and why animals have a precognitive functions like returning to a place to breed annually.

I have heard doctors try to explain NDE’s as oxygen deprivation. I think they are way off the mark.

I just listened to a spinal surgeon’s story of her NDE. She was trapped under water for 27 minutes in a kayaking accident. As a person of science she says it is not a “misfiring” of the brain. She said it was more real than being alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    I have heard doctors try to explain NDE’s as oxygen deprivation. I think they are way off the mark.

I just listened to a spinal surgeon’s story of her NDE. She was trapped under water for 27 minutes in a kayaking accident. As a person of science she says it is not a “misfiring” of the brain. She said it was more real than being alive.
    Well its been replicates unintentionally with navy pilots in cennntifuges.

They claim to have experienced at least some of the similar effects of NDE with one difference.

They did not have the emotional connection that people that come back from NDE experiences feel.

The problem with scientists exploring NDE’s is that they cannot consider the possibility of the soul interacting on other dimensions because it has not been proven scientifically that we have souls. So they fill the blanks with terms like consciousness or awareness, but it is much more spiritually complicated than that IMO.

There are a few who believe in the soul in more of a theological sense.

I think with enough time science and religion will eventually meet in the middle.

The all encompassing consciousness or universal consciousness is nothing new. Its the basis of religions like Hinduism and Bhudism.

As long as they continue their research objectivley eventually they will come to a conclusion that may shock them.

Quantum Consciousness would answer so many questions if they could prove the theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Six View Post
    The all encompassing consciousness or universal consciousness is nothing new. Its the basis of religions like Hinduism and Buddhism.

As long as they continue their research objectively eventually they will come to a conclusion that may shock them.

Quantum Consciousness would answer so many questions if they could prove the theory.
    I believe Christianity teaches it also. Jesus insisted that hurting others hurts oneself, as though we are all connected in some way. He also emphasized unconditional love for all.

People that have NDE’s are left with the sense of going back to the Light where they originated from. As though we are a small piece of something magnificent. But I am not waiting for science to crack this nut. If they cannot touch it or examine it they will have a hard time accepting it.

Society often gives our scientists too much credit. We wait for them to give their stamp of approval on things before we get on board. But they have their limitations and biases.

True, but with the foray into sub-atomic particles scientist are having to use the "F" word more and more.

A good example is string theory. The theory that quarks in a atom are fundamentally 1 dimensional vibrating strings with 9 sub dimensions.

Problem is they theorize that the actual size of a string is a trillion of a trillionth the size of a atom.

So if an atom were the solar system, a string would be the size of a light bulb,

There isn't a particle accelerator powerful enough to detect them but theory lives on.

Quantum Consciousness would explain astral travel too.