Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Speaking of youtube.... He's some outside the box thinking for u closed minded people..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1HmO7XPoXI

How many of you still have student loans???

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    That schooling is just the beginning of a proper technician's education.

2 years is almost enough time to learn which hose to connect to the system, IMO, and certainly NOT enough to learn much of anything about how systems operate.

You send me a 2 year tech degree and, in 3-5 years, I'll turn him into a REAL tech, or I'll throw his idiot *** off the roof somewhere.

Without a baseline eduation, that 3-5 years is closer to 10.
    A while back I taught refrigeration at the local college fora couple of semesters.

First thing I told my students was tech school won't make you a service tech, what it will make you is a good apprentice.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    Supermarket Tech...and anything else the boss finds for me!

it will make you a good apprentice only if you pay attention &
    continue studying your trade. in this trade your never thru learning.

HVAC/R is also taught online. Do a search, there are actually some really good courses available.

Quote Originally Posted by jurtaman View Post
    Speaking of youtube.... He's some outside the box thinking for u closed minded people..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1HmO7XPoXI

How many of you still have student loans???
    Not closed minded, your just in the wrong place. This is not a DIY site, did you read the rules? This online community is for professionals and students of the trade. They have had the proper background education and hands on experience to preform the work safely and to have at least a general grasp of how the equipment is supposed to preform. You are trying to teach yourself so that you don't have to hire a professional. What you are doing is legal but, don't expect help or encouragement from me. I will encourage you to find a mentor (in real life) and to remember this trade is dangerous even for professionals and to make safety your number one priority. I'm not saying school is nessassary for all people but on the job training is.

One of the many things I like about being in school right now is I have at least 50 different units to screw up (learn) on.

JASON sent this from his DUMB-PHONE

Quote Originally Posted by jurtaman View Post
    at epa-test.com $150 Mainstream Engineering Universal 608.. self-study and one 100 question test at your local HVAC dealer. I like the quick route.. cheaper and about 5 years faster. local school said $6000 2 years. Have fun with that!
    Thats nothing to brag about.

Its like you're excited about being ignorant. No education, no experience, no humility means your work could actually wind up on our " Wall of Shame"

Have fun with that.

Quote Originally Posted by jurtaman
    at epa-test.com $150 Mainstream Engineering Universal 608.. self-study and one 100 question test at your local HVAC dealer. I like the quick route.. cheaper and about 5 years faster. local school said $6000 2 years. Have fun with that!
    I will have fun at that cause in the end. I will be a he'll of a lot better off in this trade then you will ever be. I spent 10,000 on school and geuss what cause of my schooling I didn't start as a helper and got a good wage to start so that 10,000 is paid off in 5 years just as long as my apprenticship. So have fun with your Internet lic and Mickey mouse ways.

To the op who said thier are good online schools? I would rather read education forums at this site then pay for some Internet training you seriously believe that ???

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123