I JUST STARTED A NEW JOB IN A MAINTAINENCE DEPARTMENT OF TWO AIR QUALITY TECHS. THE OTHER GUY HAS BEEN THERE FOR 22 YEARS AND IN MY OPINION HAS QUESTONABLE HVAC PRACTACES AND CREDENTALS. OUR FIRST BIG PROBLEM IS A TEN YEAR OLD, 30 TON AAON ROOF TOP THAT HAD THREE COMPRESSORS (BURN OUT) GO BAD AT ONCE. MY OPINION IS TO WHY THEY WENT BAD IS POOR PM (DIRTY COILS)HE JUST REPLACED ONE COMPRESSOR (SCROLL) UPON START UP THE COMPRESSOR DID NO WORK HAD LOW AMPS AND PRESSURES WERE EQUAL. MY QUESTION IS WHAT ARE SOME POSSIBLE REASONS FOR THREE COMPRESSORS TO GO BAD AND WHAT ARE SOME POSSIBLE PROBLEMS WITH THE NEW COMPRESSOR (JUST THE FIRST ONE)?

Welcome and give our eyes a break with the all-caps

Also, we'd prefer you register as a pro and we'll move this thread to the pros technical area rather than this public topic.

If he has been doing it for 22 years and cant figure out why his scroll compressor is pulling low amps and has equalized pressures then he shouldnt be doing work on this rtu, i would call a pro if i were you. As far as your compressors going bad, it is hard to say why without more info, but if one of them burned out and this is a parallell system to where all compressors take off same suction and feed into same discharge, then the acid contamination in the system from the orginal burn out probably took out the other 2 compressors.
    J. King

The new Scroll is probably running backwards.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown