Refer leak in a networking/phone node

Any of you guys had a refrigerant leak big enough in a node building to set the fire alarm off and dump the ANSUL system off? My buddy that works on our fire alarm is asking if this is a possibility. I'm thinking if there's a big enough leak in that small of area, that is definitely in the realm of possibilities. Anyone have experiences with this?

I set the alarm off in a main frame room some years ago just by removing my hoses. had to hold the over ride button in until some on reset the alarm. Back then it was a halon system.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Yes i work in a lot of data centers and the halon system is very sensitive. Like beenthere I have set systems into alarm or supervisorys just by taking off my gauges. The cost of recharging the halon tanks is expensive and every precaution should be taken to prevent them from discharging.

Luckily it wasn't me in there working. I think a proper leak test wasn't done and our fire alarm guy got called in during the middle of the night when it went in. I have a feeling I'll be in the middle of this one before it's all said and done.

When those systems go off, the place looks like it's been hit with a hand grenade.