Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Attic ventilation

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tipsrfine View Post
    The percentage of HVAC contractors who would know how, and perform, air sealing in conjunction with an attic fan install is likely to start out with a .00%

I can honestly say you & robo can be blamed for not understanding what I wrote. It has degraded into silliness, but you are adding to it.
    Nope! Still doesn't make any sense. I still have no clue as to what your point is.
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Nope! Still doesn't make any sense. I still have no clue as to what your point is.
    Turn it into a poll question or something. I'm done with it unless provoked.
    An answer without a question is meaningless.
    Information without understanding is useless.
    You can lead a horse to water............
    http://www.mohomeenergyaudits.com

Post Likes
    Turn it into a poll question or something. I'm done with it unless provoked.
    You never made a point. There is nothing to poll. You came out of the blue with some off the wall comment that had no relevance to anything and then refused to explain what the heck you were talking about.

Are you even in the HVAC industry?

Geez...I just checked out your website. No wonder you are acting the way you are. You really have a disdain for HVAC contractors and HVAC techs, don't you?

Now that I know where you are coming from and how you feel about our industry professionals, I can just avoid your negative commentaries about HVAC professionals.
    Training is important!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by captaincompressor View Post
    My Home Has two units...One up and one down. My house cools much easier since I have two 1300 cfm attic power fans that are on thermostats. One thermostat is set on 90F and the other is on 95F. This way the fans sort of operate in a two stage arrangement. I have plenty of make up air coming in the attic from outside so the attic does not get into a negative static pressure pulling my ac or interior air from the conditioned space. Plenty of make up air vents is key.

I have my upstairs air handler in the attic horizontally mounted just above the floor with a diversitech overflow metal pan under it that has its own backup drain line. I also use a condensate cop switch that break the red wire to stop the unit if the pan gets water in it.

I used four layers of reflective bubble insulation on my ducts and entire air handler. I know this may sound stupid but it works. I also used foil duct tape and completely sealed my air handler access panels and insured all screws were tight. I know this will make it a pain to work on but I can deal with that.

I have no problems with efficiency or air losses to my attic. My attic door is well sealed and all penetrations to the attic are siliconed around wires and cables.

I filled around the register boots on the attic side with expanding foam insulation so I do not have sweating issues and thermal losses around register boots in the ceiling.

Attic fans when properly installed a good thing and necessary in my opinion.
    IMPOSSIBLE! Don't you know that there is a .00% number of HVAC professionals that understand what you claim to have actually done?......

Well, maybe you raised to bar to 0%, which we now know is a higher value than .00% is. So, good job.....

Now get your post count up so you can apply for professional membership and see what's on the dark side of this site.
    Training is important!

Post Likes
    You never made a point. There is nothing to poll. You came out of the blue with some off the wall comment that had no relevance to anything and then refused to explain what the heck you were talking about.

Are you even in the HVAC industry?

Geez...I just checked out your website. No wonder you are acting the way you are. You really have a disdain for HVAC contractors and HVAC techs, don't you?

Now that I know where you are coming from and how you feel about our industry professionals, I can just avoid your negative commentaries about HVAC professionals.
    OK, I've been provoked; but I'm watching Master Chef, so I have to wait. We should take this to a pro only forum so I can unload on you Robo. Just kidding about the unloading part, but I would welcome debating this and other HVAC/Building Science Topics in the closed forums. You will lose. Challenge.
    An answer without a question is meaningless.
    Information without understanding is useless.
    You can lead a horse to water............
    http://www.mohomeenergyaudits.com

Post Likes
    OK, I've been provoked; but I'm watching Master Chef, so I have to wait. We should take this to a pro only forum so I can unload on you Robo. Just kidding about the unloading part, but I would welcome debating this and other HVAC/Building Science Topics in the closed forums. You will lose. Challenge.
    I still have no idea what it is that you are even debating. You don't even know that nothing expressed two different ways is still nothing.

I am providing you some lyrical training to help you with your deficiency in mathamatics....enjoy and learn; http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=KQ5-BTdcqjk
    Training is important!

Post Likes
    I still have no idea what it is that you are even debating. You don't even know that nothing expressed two different ways is still nothing.

I am providing you some lyrical training to help you with your deficiency in mathamatics....enjoy and learn; http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=KQ5-BTdcqjk
    You beat me to it!

Billy Preston = math whiz.
    Psychrometrics: the very foundation of HVAC. A comfort troubleshooter's best friend.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in